The Talisman

Fairweather

i'm only half way through this monster but i can say with confidence

- single handedly one of the greatest books ever, it puts up competition with deathly hallows so i'm just excited to see how it ends

.. i was never really a huge fan of stephen kings work, i mean he has good books but they just never really did it for me, i dont know if it was the combination of peter straub or not but this booked kicks little read apple but cheeks

i recomend this book to anyone who enjoyed harry potter as it has many similarities (its not about wizards btw) but is a very different story

if anybody else has read it what did u think?

I really enjoyed King when I was younger, but these days I find it too hard to get past all the perversion. I really enjoy his sense of the unknown becoming known and his attention to detail. He opens his stories up in a way to see the room or whatever scene he is describing. The only writer I have enjoyed as much is Dean Koontz. That particular book was very good. If you like that one you should read his book "Through The Eyes of the Dragon". Not really similar as far as storylines go but you get the same mood reading it.

I am a King fanatic and could go on forever. If you like the story behind the Talisman you should absolutely read 'black house' which is a sequel to the Talisman. It is also cowritten by King and Straub.

If you have time and liked these books (and have a little time) you should consider reading the 'dark tower' series by King. It is 7 books long and takes awhile to read but is along the same lines. I consider this series to be one of the best ever written. It helps that so many of Kings books parallel each other with common characters and ideas... it is hard to describe but books like 'talisman' 'black house' 'the stand' 'insomnia' 'desperation' 'the regulators' 'salems lot' plus many others all tie into this series. Not like you have to read them to enjoy the dark tower series, but it is neat that there are commonalities that make it so interesting.

I met King several years ago when he still lived in Bangor Maine. His house was the place to check out on Halloween night; he already had Gargoyles on his driveway. I think the best book King ever wrote was "It". The only book that ever scared the crap out of me and put me on edge for weeks during and after reading it.

I am a King fanatic and could go on forever. If you like the story behind the Talisman you should absolutely read 'black house' which is a sequel to the Talisman. It is also cowritten by King and Straub.

If you have time and liked these books (and have a little time) you should consider reading the 'dark tower' series by King. It is 7 books long and takes awhile to read but is along the same lines. I consider this series to be one of the best ever written. It helps that so many of Kings books parallel each other with common characters and ideas... it is hard to describe but books like 'talisman' 'black house' 'the stand' 'insomnia' 'desperation' 'the regulators' 'salems lot' plus many others all tie into this series. Not like you have to read them to enjoy the dark tower series, but it is neat that there are commonalities that make it so interesting.

theres a sequal??!?! ....ohmigah.