Oh No

lostoften

PC froze yesterday. I tried ctrl-alt-delete which did not work, pressing the power button, holding the power button in, none of which worked. So, I flipped the swich on the power supply. When I went to turn it back on, nothing happened. The motherboard was still getting power (the green light was lit). Mini recommened I try booting without ram/video card/sound card in and see if I get any beeps, nothing happened on any of the attempts. I then tried changing the power supply with a new one, and still nothing happened (the green light still was lit). I have filled out an RMA request with ASUS, but Mini did not know if there was anyother things to try first.

Thanks,

Lost

Well they got the RMA info to me today, so I went ahead and shipped the mobo back. Would have tried zd's recommendations, but the least messing around with computer parts the better. Figure more I mess around, more likely I am to mess something up that was actually working. Since I knew the onboard mic never worked, figured might as well send it back. Heres to 2 weeks without my pc, yay!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after 3 weeks of them having my board they tell me they don't have one to replace it with. So they are sending a P5B-Plus out inplace of the P5B-E. Just wish they had done this last week on Monday when their 10day process was on its 10th day.