Someone find me a deal on a good power supply

bushwack

So I'm getting a Geforce GTX 260 for Christmas. I need a better PS to go with it but since its that time, well, I got kids that want stuff too from ol' Nikki.

Looking for PS around 650w at $70 shipped. I can go with maybe a 600w but no more cash. I dont do rebates. I dont do Rosewill or Raidmax. If you find me a deal gimme a holler, I have a few days.

Will be running:

intel 2160 @ 3.2

Geforce GTX 260 and yes i plan to overclock it at least 10%

4gb ddr2

2HDD

Antec 900 case (PS on bottom)

Note: The Antec 500w had been running my system fine with a 8800GT. I'll be moving the Antec with the 8800GT to the kids.

Just trying to help, I primarily look there, zipzoomfly and tigerdirect. Depending on the type of hardware each of those can be the cheapest for the best stuff. For refurbs and stuff I go to geeks.com and 3btech.com. For great lovin I go to www.ilovetomatoesmom'shouse.com.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817159082

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817159089

both have mail in rebates but both are under your price range. I have a coolmax 650 and love it.

I noticed the Coolmax 650 yesterday but there are complaints about the wires being to short. I'm a little worried about this but it may not be an issue, what case do you have it in if it's the same power supply? I had a Coolmax 500 a couple years ago and it was great till it died, did make it past its warranty though and didn't take anything else with it.

All of the OCZ's I've used have been great. I have the 700w or 650w, I forget. :)

Ocz kinda pricey too, my budget limited right now or id get a better one. Just bought my son a Fender Squire and a Line 6 amp, his first setup. Just came home today and they send the amp in its retail box so he knew what was in the bigger box. :( He got home before I did and my wife didn't hide it???

What about SilverStone power supplies? Any good?

Here Mr. Picky :)

That's the best I can find for the cheapest anyway, unless you look for a specific sale. Good luck with that.

Yeah kinda hoping is someone stumbles across a PS holiday deal they could post it up.

And yes I'm picky. :P

best deal is still the coolmax IMO

I'm worried about the cable issues everyone is posting on newegg, in your micro case it wouldn't be a prob but might with my Antec 900.

You do not want to skimp on power supplies. It is as simple as that. Many people over look the quality and buy junk. OCZ, Antec, Enermax, BFG (their new stuff) and a couple of others are what you want to buy from. An example is Thermaltake as an alternative.

I am asking 75 shipped for my PSU. It is a top of the line Enermax Liberty 620 Watts with an average of 85% efficiency. I only swapped it out because my 4870 x2 needed an 8-pin connector instead of the normal 4 or 6. If it weren't for that, I would have kept the PSU until it died.

Well I lied, I ended up buying a Rosewill 630w. :shrug03:

After a $30 off promo code EMCBCBCBH it's being shipped free to the house for $60.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817182149

Yeah I know what your thinking, it was the same thing I was thinking till I read a bunch of reviews about Rosewill's Xtreme series.

Here is one, I kinda like this guy. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=...ory&reid=60 I also read a bunch of reviews about the 630w around the net and they all came up good.