Helicopters

lostoften

I had a blade cx or something, dual blade design. My problem was if you whipped it in any direction too fast, the blades were made of plastic and flexed a bit. Since they rotate in opposite directions, that makes for a fantastic CRACK and your heli goes all wobbley, it takes skill to bring it down gracefully after that (if the blades shattered, then there is no saving it)

blades were cheap though, I flown it outdoors quite a bit too, just wait for a low/no wind day. I had accidentally lost the view of mine over the house. and by the time I ran around to see where it was, it was a speck in the sky, took me awhile to bring it back down safely. My brother dropped it from about a 2story fall and for some reason it blew the controller. I replaced the controller but it never flew right again.

So yeah, its a great learner and now I want to get one again...

I've got a Blade CX2, a Trex Heli, and a few planes.

The trex heli (old pic, it's all carbon fiber with a metal head now with a white hood). Wish I knew how to really fly it.

heli1.jpg

Some plane pics (again old):

plane1.jpg

plane2.jpg

plane3.jpg

Only thing I have time to fly any more is the CX2 indoors. It's a lot of fun. Great hobby; hard on the pocketbook.