Anybody else dealing with Websense at work?

MrDuke

Bummer! If only there were some way to proxy through to these forums, like Google caching.

On a side note, Geocities is blocked here at work due to "gruesome content". Now how am I supposed to maintain my page of glittery graphics and animated dancing things?

I have a dyndns name for my home network. I just point port 3389 on my router to my home computer, then RDP my dyndns name and Boom! am remoting. I don't trust going through another company's proxy for this. If I want access to more than one computer, I merely change the default port on that computer and then point that port on the router to the second computer. Boom! Boom!

MrDuke, have you set up remote access to your home computer (via RDP, RAdmin, VNC, etc)? If so, you can just remote into it and browse from there.

If it involves cans and string... I'm in. I'll be PMing you later.

I have till the 5th.

Are you allowed to run something like Putty on your work computer? If so, I am sure someone would let you use their SSH server to bounce your connection through.

Are you using firefox at work? If so, add FoxyProxy plugin/addon for Firefox and enable Tor. There are a million ways to get around these things depending on what you are willing to do, what your permissions are on your work computer.