Week #8 1/16/09 Weigh In

Mini_Me

I drank a bit too much last night and was very dehydrated this morning, so my morning check came in much lower than I think it should be so I won't count it. I will post up later tonight or tomorrow morning after I get rid of this headache...

I believe that "they" say that a healthy amount

of weight to lose per week is 1 lb.

Be realistic about weight loss

Aim for a loss of two lbs max in weight per week. Although we all like to see the pounds dropping off quickly it is not helpful or healthy. More than that and you will just be burning up muscle rather than fat which will slow down your metabolism making it harder to loose weight long term. Weight can fluctuate for all sorts of reasons. Don't be disheartened because you've agonized for a week but the scales say you haven't. Stick with it.

Full Article Here:

http://menshealth.about.com/cs/obesity/a/lose_weight.htm

or maybe 2 lbs.

235...went up 5 pounds in a week.

That isn't good.

monthos, I have tried losing weight before and so far in my life the only times it has stayed off is when I changed habits rather than just tried to lose weight. Changing habits usually led to about 1-2 pounds a week of weight loss. "Dieting" would result in more, but I'd always put that weight back on later.

Changing habits is really all I have done. I make an effort to eat less at meals, and am not going out to BK for lunch every day. I gave up pop for the most part as well. I slipped a few times and ended up eating too little for dinner, then end up grabbing a midnight snack(which is never a healthy food) I am hoping to weigh in at 230 this friday though, we will see!