MGMT, any fans?

samurai nightling

if the killers slept with bloc party and had the slow person from justice, it'd be something like mgmt. ironically, last.fm thinks kinda sorta the same. i can't believe they actually had justice as similar; i rule: http://www.last.fm/music/MGMT/+similar

if you like mgmt, you'll probably like vampire weekend, too. maybe ra ra riot, maybe rogue wave, maybe shout out louds.

you'll definitely hate beirut, but i always look for the chance to be irrelevant.

Link to original

and now to totally destroy mgmt's image:

[utube]rjx5_-SPhk0[/utube]

Dragonfly, they don't wear that makeup all the time like some bands wear makeup. That was solely for the film. They're like an Indie rock band, they look like stoners but i don't think they do any drugs cuz the one guy said in an interview that its just a quick way to realize things in music you can eventually realize on your own. I bet you've heard Time to Pretend if you look it up.

They are so far from emo. They don't wear all that crap clothing or makeup like emo kids do.

And stutters, i do like beiruts style. It sounds very good, and i dont have the urge to turn it off. Those girls definitely sucked though. Ruined the song.

Also, youtube Ronald Jenkees. I'm sure some people may know him already, I LOVE his stuff. He doesn't know how to read music, and taught himself how to play the piano/keyboard by sound. Makes some very good beats using 2 keyboards and FL studio 8.

Edited by samurai nightling

Dragonfly, they don't wear that makeup all the time like some bands wear makeup. That was solely for the film. They're like an Indie rock band, they look like stoners but i don't think they do any drugs cuz the one guy said in an interview that its just a quick way to realize things in music you can eventually realize on your own. I bet you've heard Time to Pretend if you look it up.

They are so far from emo. They don't wear all that crap clothing or makeup like emo kids do.

And stutters, i do like beiruts style. It sounds very good, and i dont have the urge to turn it off. Those girls definitely sucked though. Ruined the song.

Also, youtube Ronald Jenkees. I'm sure some people may know him already, I LOVE his stuff. He doesn't know how to read music, and taught himself how to play the piano/keyboard by sound. Makes some very good beats using 2 keyboards and FL studio 8.

thats not even them in the video, its ppl from the electric feel video.. if u look close enough u can spot them.. apparently there friends or something? i dunno w/e but its not the mgmt dudes in the video

pt. i'm gettin at is there not makeupy emo ppl

... not really sure how i know that :shrug03: i'm not a huge fan lol, kids is an amazing song tho.

Edited by Fairweather

thats not even them in the video, its ppl from the electric feel video.. if u look close enough u can spot them.. apparently there friends or something? i dunno w/e but its not the mgmt dudes in the video

pt. i'm gettin at is there not makeupy emo ppl

... not really sure how i know that :shrug03: i'm not a huge fan lol, kids is an amazing song tho.

yeah after i saw it like the 2nd time i was questioning whether the guy wa sone of them, then i was like "nahhh its not even them" And i caught a glimpse of that makeup girl in the electric feel movie last night. So yeah, you're right. Still like the song though :P

Rage has some good stuff, I like them too.
if you like(d) rage, check out street sweeper, a new tom morello (rage - guitars) and boots riley (from the coup - oakland political hip hop group). it's not rage against the machine, but thank god it's not audioslave.

there's some strong language. throw earmuffs if you find it offensive.

[utube]GzFumFzoRnQ[/utube]

you can hear more of their stuff @ http://www.ninja2009.com/ (nine inch nails / janes addiction tour site).

I actually bought ronald jenkees cd, i'm looking forward to his next one.. lol i really dont BUY much music anymore but i'll support a good aspiring artist.

Vampire weekend is pretty cool, MGMT is alright.. most of their stuff is iffy but songs like electric feel time to pretend and kids are pretty catchy.. i'd check out mgmt mashups on different sites. if you all don't know what mashups are i'd strongly suggest looking into them!

I haven't listened to the full album straight through if that's what you mean. I've been youtubing their songs, like the ones that aren't very popular. I don't know exactly how much of the album I've listened to, but I'm guessing most of it by now.

I am also waiting for ronald jenkees next CD to come out! He should be getting close to finished by now.

Edited by samurai nightling

btw, i still think "time to pretend" is the best song on the MGMT disc. you guys have listened to the full album, right? these "i only download one song" kids are killing me (and good music).

heard time to pretend and kids on a few snowboard vids... great stuff!

Edited by TheBugs

btw, i still think "time to pretend" is the best song on the MGMT disc. you guys have listened to the full album, right? these "i only download one song" kids are killing me (and good music).

[utube]f9GH-yvPHSY[/utube]

I never knew who did this song, I used to always here it on the radio down here