Windows 7 RC

If your wanting Vista SP2, I believe all you need to do is run Windows Update and it'll ask if you want it... Of course you have to have Vista, not just download it like you can Win7. (And who has Vista anyway? losers)

Yeah, the blurry started after RC1, but if I remember right, it does not happen if I install no driver, just let Win7 update the WDDM1.1 and that's it. So I think it's a Driver/Win7 combination problem. I've read that many people are not happy w/ the 185 driver. It is very slow, and obviously has bugs.

Well, I've been running Win7 64 on my desktop for a while (after failing to find bloody drivers for my laptop that'd work), and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. It's fast, looks good, and even plays my PS2 emulator significantly better than Vista 64 did.

So far, so good. I'm impressed with Windows for the first time since XP's release. (I do like Vista, but it was just another OS...I didn't have any stability problems with it at ALL, but Win7 is MUCH better)

(edited)

Game that I can't get to work:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear sky - Searches for the DVD but doesn't find it (yes I have original)

Games with issues:

Dungeon Siege LOA : flickering video unplayable

DS2: Game literally takes 5-7 min from time of clicking on the game icon till it begins to load. Does work after that though

Edited by Preacher

• 2 weeks later...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear sky - Searches for the DVD but doesn't find it (yes I have original)

Games with issues:

DS2: Game literally takes 5-7 min from time of clicking on the game icon till it begins to load. Does work after that though

That's what I was wondering, game compatibility with the 64 bit version. I'd like to give it a shot since i read the RC is good till March 2010 till the 2 hours shutdowns begin. I play a lot of games that might go back as early as 2000.

Well im downloading the 64 bit now anyway...

Games with issues:

That's what I was wondering, game compatibility with the 64 bit version. I'd like to give it a shot since i read the RC is good till March 2010 till the 2 hours shutdowns begin. I play a lot of games that might go back as early as 2000.

Well im downloading the 64 bit now anyway...

I've played some fairly old school games on Win7 (i.e., Master of Orion II) without much trouble....I will get some more specific titles I've tried when I get a chance...yes, I'm running 64-bit

Had to send my WD 500AAKS off for replacement so I went and made the jump since I had to reinstall windows anyway. I'm running a Intel 2160 @ 3.2, 4gigs and a geforce GTX 260 on a temporary 320gb seagate and it's just as snappy as if not a little more then the XP i just came from.

First thing I disabled was the warning popup thing that happens EVERY TIME YOU DO SOMETHING.

I have to say I really like it. To bad i have to reinstall it when I get my drive back and then again in October.

How can you see a list of your computer's hardware??? Old skool win9x and XP list of your video and sound hardware, etc.. Win7 isn't even reporting what brand of HDD I have.

And yes I know what's in my computer...just curious.

(edited)

Same way as always - right click Computer in your start menu go to properties then click on device manager and then select disk drives from the drop down menu to display your attached devices

Edited by Preacher

Just an update, I threw Win7 on an old P4 computer with only 512 MB of RAM....and it works!

That's...good. It runs better than XP ran on that computer with only 512 MB of RAM....that being said, they are ordering MORE ram, because it does have to dip into the page file quite often. But still...it's impressive it would work at all. Vista would have probably melted the computer. :)

Same way as always - right click Computer in your start menu go to properties then click on device manager and then select disk drives from the drop down menu to display your attached devices

Thanks man, I didn't know that in XP. I always went to the control panel and hit system.

Pre-ordered 2 copies of Pro earlier this week. Digital DL, Pro has the XP Mode which I think will come in handy for us gamers, just in case. Bushwack, the DL of RC has both 64 and 32 bit versions in it. I think the whole 64 bit thing is still way to quirky for me to want to play with so I'll just stick with 32 bit for now.

Pre-ordered 2 copies of Pro earlier this week. Digital DL, Pro has the XP Mode which I think will come in handy for us gamers, just in case. Bushwack, the DL of RC has both 64 and 32 bit versions in it. I think the whole 64 bit thing is still way to quirky for me to want to play with so I'll just stick with 32 bit for now.

I've been running 64bit for the past couple weeks with zero issues. It's fast, I'm sticking with it.

I was also under the impression the XP mode is for legacy office apps. So far what games I've played run fine.

(edited)

i jus downloaded Win7Rc,...and when I get it installed on my 2nd HD, do I gotta reinstall the drivers and all that good stuff on that drive as well? and yea imma reformat my 1st HD afterwards and use this as my Main OS, so asking IF i needa install the drivers for mobo/gpu etc on this 2nd HD

EDIT****SOLVED hehe thnx NORG

Edited by Sedah

(edited)

uhm, quick Q...I currently have w7RC, will i be able to keep using that when the final release comes out? or will i have to do a clean install again....yes, i did reserve a copy

Edited by Sedah

uhm, quick Q...I currently have w7RC, will i be able to keep using that when the final release comes out? or will i have to do a clean install again....yes, i did reserve a copy

I just found the download page from Microsoft, and when reading, it did say that you would have to do a fresh install when you purchase it later....now whether or not that will actually be the case by then, who knows.

so yea, def. luvin this w7 RC so far, love how you can customize the background wallpaper on the log-on screen kke

I changed my loging background on vista. I think I used rocket launch or something like that.

so yea, def. luvin this w7 RC so far, love how you can customize the background wallpaper on the log-on screen kke

I changed my loging background on vista. I think I used rocket launch or something like that.

lol neva knew bout that on vista, errrr guess this is old news (O.o)