Star Wars MMO

Kenger

I agree the game does look great. My brother has done some research on it and from what he told me there isn't going to be a monthly fee to play. Instead if you want to customize your character (skins, etc) and get various additional add-ons/customizations you pay on a transaction basis. It's really the way to go if they want to compete with WOW for the business. I refuse to pay a monthly fee to pay any game on principal.

I agree the game does look great. My brother has done some research on it and from what he told me there isn't going to be a monthly fee to play. Instead if you want to customize your character (skins, etc) and get various additional add-ons/customizations you pay on a transaction basis. It's really the way to go if they want to compete with WOW for the business. I refuse to pay a monthly fee to pay any game on principal.

no monthly payment? WOOT! thats a biig "THUMBS UP" :luxhello: , then imma def. get this game, ive been tryin to look for a game that would replace WOW.

I talked to my brother last night again and he said it is still up in the air as to whether there will be subscription fees or not. The designers originally wanted to waive them and have microtransactions within the game be the primary revenue source. There is some debate as to whether this will really happen or not. Personally I think their only chance to upstage WoW is to elimanate or charge minimal fee and offer the microtransactions as well.

I talked to my brother last night again and he said it is still up in the air as to whether there will be subscription fees or not. The designers originally wanted to waive them and have microtransactions within the game be the primary revenue source. There is some debate as to whether this will really happen or not. Personally I think their only chance to upstage WoW is to elimanate or charge minimal fee and offer the microtransactions as well.

o yes yes! and the only way imma play this game is if theres no montly fee haha

Free to play MMOs are a very hard sell...I would much rather this be a monthly fee game. Obviously I don't mind F2P if they can make it work, but I can't envision a system where it would be both fun for us and profitable for Bioware/EA.

Either way I will definitely be playing once it launches (or any sooner)

Free to play MMOs are a very hard sell...I would much rather this be a monthly fee game. Obviously I don't mind F2P if they can make it work, but I can't envision a system where it would be both fun for us and profitable for Bioware/EA.

Either way I will definitely be playing once it launches (or any sooner)

The guild wars model seemed to work pretty well - hopefully this game is akin to GW.

Heh, me too. I'm kinda old fashioned, I guess. I might change my mind in the future though...

This game looks kinda cool. It'd be fun if they let you wield a double bladed lightsaber like in Jedi Academy. :smillie_smilling:

I dunno if this is the first MMO I'll pick up though in the coming months. There's a couple coming out sooner, so I might look at those first. :shrug03:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...