my house before & after

NOFX

Do you get a water rebate for removing your grass? Either way I think many people (especially those looking at townhouses) like the garden and it looks good imo, as well as the paint, cleans it up real nice. Though I would have tried to keep those bushes...I like bushes.

Oh, not a real house but a town house. I decided some time ago that if I were going to pay a lot of money for a house, it would be a real house and not a glorified apartment. It has to have a cellar, back and front yard, a lawn, and I should be able to watch TV quite loudly without my neighbors hearing.

(edited)

unfortunately when you live with where the water table is 6 feet below ground, basements are not an option anywhere. thats what I want to, but it wouldn't make any sense to pay for that down here because it's to expensive. If I knew what I was doing when I first moved here. I would have just stayed in an apartment and saved for 3 years rather than pay this stupid mortgage. I would have had enough money to build a small house with a basement on 80 acres of land back home. I wouldn't have had a mortgage and forget about a loud TV.. I could have bonfires in my front yard and no one would even notice.

Edited by .fx

If I knew what I was doing when

is something you can say about anything...but then you would never learn.

I think it's great you had that experience. From your past posts I know it was a ton of work. I do hope you get your money back out of it. A little equity and the boost to your credit can only be a positive. The way banks are tightening up you may have made the smartest move of your life in that regard.

I like all the changes mentioned above as well as the increase in sunlight you had installed :blink:

I'm glad I live just outside of town with a couple acres. Before we bought our house we lived in a street full of duplexes. People always walking around and cars pulling in and out. I hated it.

Good luck selling you place .fx and finding something you really want. That is available. And That you can afford. :D

It took me and my wife a little over a year to find a house. :nosmile:

thanks gond.. and your right about the experience thing.. It was a great experience.. I know how to do alot of stuff around a house now and will know how much it will cost before I buy anything. And no I don't want to own a place anytime soon. The freedom to move when you please, not be tied down and having no payments is more important to me than owning a home and a payment. But as gond said, I probably wouldn't have realized it that much if I never bought the place to begin with.

On a side note, I misread the website and paid $540 and that didn't included an MLS listing. Just some fancy yard signs, listing on the net and brochures. Got my money back and I'm just gonna list on the MLS for $300. Put up my own sign from lowes and make my own brochures and give the other realtor 2.5% This will allow me to price it right and have the advantage of everything in it being new. My friend just sold his townhouse in 2.5 weeks after listing on the MLS. *crosses fingers*

I still want to see inside pictures. With it looking as good as you say, hopefully it'll go quickly. Mine sold in less than a day MLS + FSBO; but then, that was back in the height of the housing boom. According to the buying agent it was the most expensive 3 BR + 1 BA sold in the area, and they gave me more than asking. Initially we were pretty smart. Sold two houses (mine and my wifes) and bought one for the same as I sold mine for; so we had like half down at close. Then a few years later we borrowed against it to put on an addition. Now I dunno. Afraid that we're upside down in the current market.

I'm no expert at selling houses...I went right to a dealer. Total it was 6%. 3 for the selling agent and 3 for the buyers agent. My understanding at the time was that it was 6% regardless and it was split between the 2...probably in some realator common law thing.

Anyway...you may want to make sure that 2.5% is all there is and you won't be nailed for another 2.5% from the other side.

I'm no expert at selling houses...I went right to a dealer. Total it was 6%. 3 for the selling agent and 3 for the buyers agent. My understanding at the time was that it was 6% regardless and it was split between the 2...probably in some realator common law thing.

Anyway...you may want to make sure that 2.5% is all there is and you won't be nailed for another 2.5% from the other side.

He is the other side; there is no seller's agent.

*Edit* Although I suppose he could nail himself for 2.5% ^_^

Edited by Bewildered

(edited)

I don't have any good pics of the updated kitchen because it's not completely cleaned out yet.. but here is the living room..

sorry about the one really blurry pic, but you get the idea...

inside_before1.jpg

inside_before2.jpg

inside_before_3.jpg

inside_after.jpg

inside_after2.jpg

those after pictures are about 6 months old. I don't have my wide angle lens anymore so I can't take pics like that :( I have packed quite a bit of that stuff up from the living room now, but I'm gonna use that pic anyway

Edited by .fx

was your house found on fsbo? or did a realtor find it? For some reason, I'm thinking it's going to sell on the MLS and I shouldn't waste a hundred bucks listing it on forsalebyowner.com

I am still cameraless unclean :( Those pics were taken at 10mm.. which is awesome for making your rooms look much better than any normal focal length. I spent all the money I made from my sweet transaction on my house.. Yea, you can see where he has chewed up the bottom of that when he was a puppy, Since that picture, I've used some wood filler and stained it. Looks much better and is still a pretty sweet table. I'm not going to MLS list it until I get all the pictures. Hopefully I can run out there on my lunch break and get them.. I still have my compact at least.

(edited)

ok here's the kitchen before

kitchen_before.jpg

and after

kitchen_after.jpg

yes I know I need a black vent over the stove.. and yes, I should paint the banister white.. but if I keep doing all this stuff I "should" do, I will be fixing it up for another year.

Edited by .fx