my house before & after

NOFX

(edited)

I'm thinking about printing all these pictures off and just sitting on the coffee table for people to see? Good idea or not?

And thanks for the good comments... I bought the package for the MLS listing today, but it isn't showing up yet.. Here is what I am competing against in my neighborhood.

http://homes.longandfoster.com/Real-Estate...apeake,VA-23320

http://homes.longandfoster.com/Real-Estate...apeake,VA-23320 No inside pics on this guy, but I'm sure it's very dated..

Mine is priced at 177,500.. I can go as low as 172,000 if a realtor doesn't find it, but if a Realtor finds it I only have about 1k of room in the price. Also a forclosure that had very minimal updates sold for 169,000 last week. The internet appraiser says mine should be at 180,000. My ad in the mls will look something like this http://www.fsbo.com/130509?country=US&...p;zipcode=23320

Edited by .fx

Having a couple pages of the pictures attached to the MLS sheet is awesome to give people to take with them, especially when they look that good. When I was looking to buy a condo it was great to be able to leaf through them and remember the places. In fact the one I bought had a little booklet like that.

I don't know if they have it where you live, but they also would add a page that would show distance to the nearest grocery, Starbucks, etc. That wasn't as important to me, but I guess to some people may like that.

Having a couple pages of the pictures attached to the MLS sheet is awesome to give people to take with them, especially when they look that good. When I was looking to buy a condo it was great to be able to leaf through them and remember the places. In fact the one I bought had a little booklet like that.

I don't know if they have it where you live, but they also would add a page that would show distance to the nearest grocery, Starbucks, etc. That wasn't as important to me, but I guess to some people may like that.

you mean like This?

One thing that stuck out to me about the other place (only looked at the first) was the parking. I think your place looks nicer overall. Also, back yard of yours nice? That was one of their pics.

As far as the pre-pics...I'm not sure...I guess I'd have to say it would be nice to have if someone asked but if not then they don't need to know what it used to look like. That might give them the thought that you bought it cheap and try to bid lower...but then again...I'm not a realtor, I don't even play one on TV. Seems your right in the sweet spot on price though.

(edited)

I don't want to speak to soon, but the girl that lives a few buildings down is in love with the place. She came over for the second time tonight and brought her dad over to negotiate with me. He offered $169,000 and was ready to make an informal agreement tonight. He brought up how its a sellers market and that the seller usually pays for the closing costs and stuff... So we just talked about it for a few minutes and I basically told him that all I may be able to take a very small hit, but I really need the mortgage to be paid off. I can't really afford to cough up 3-4k and then pay for a first months rent. I also showed showed him my tax assessment that lists the house at 173,200 and showed where i paid 172,000.

The girl really likes it and was already talking about where she was going to put her furniture and stuff like that.. She's in a position where her lease ran up and she needs to resign it ASAP or If she agrees to buy my place and the ball is rolling on the sale, I told her I would rent her the place until she assumes the mortgage..

If it came down to it, I would take a 2-3k loss and move on, but I know she's in a position to either buy the place or resign her lease ASAP. So I'm hoping I can get them to pay off the mortgage. Her dad said he was going to email me tomorrow with another offer or let me know...

Cross your fingers for me....

Edited by .fx

I have had absolutely zero interest through realtors or the MLS. It's all people in the neighborhood who come over and look...

If this falls through, I have one more chance. My neighbors landlord already owns 2 or 3 townhouses on the street. He just made a boatload of money off the property and is trying to reinvest it in other property so he doesn't have to pay tax on it. He just bought a foreclosure for $169,000 down the street. My neighbor told him how nice my place was and he called me and wants to come look at it sometime later this week..

(edited)

The landlord guy bought it!! The deal is $173,000 to me and I will rent it from him for a few months until he finds someone else to rent. 9 Days up for sale and the MLS was worthless.. that's not to bad without a realtor in this economy. The guy can't close until the end of august, but we drew up a temporary contract and both signed it. He will be giving me a more formal contract this week.

The other girl who was wanting to buy it, I actually told her I would take 169,000 for it if it still stands, but she called me and said she wants to take her time and to let he know if I receive another offer. Well I received one and I had to accept on the spot. I feel a little bad, but ya know I gotta look out for myself first.

If you need me, I will be out in the local park doing some back flips and cartwheels.

Edited by .fx