14-Day Trials

anonymo

So anyone else get their free 14 day trial to return to AoC? I got mine and I think I might just have to load it up again (pretty sure they said they would keep our old toons, boy I hope so)

I hear many good things from people about the improvements, but is it enough? Well I'll go about finding out, let me know if anyone else is planning on giving it another whirl.

I got the same email. Your character still exists, but it has to be transferred to a consolidated server. And if you have a character over level 50, you can create another one that goes instantly to 50 (this is a one time per account thing). So we could get some people together and all start at level 50. :)

What are some of the improvements you heard? Have they balanced the classes so there isn't a single uber class?

All I remember is how WoWish it became after level 20.

Felt like Guild Wars's Pre-Searing (lingo) section of the game for levels 1-20.

They put all their time and effort into the 1-20 section of the game all with voice overs, and fun quests, then when you leave, all it is is kill x amount of mobs, fed-ex quests, etc.

So any guesses on how my experience went? 1 hour to install (I forgot it's 30 freaking gigs), 3 hours to update aaaaaaaand 10 minutes to realize the game is full of noob grief gangs...got ambushed three times, once in the guild city I spawned in at first, which no longer belongs to us as I find out because this other guild was really not happy to see me, called me a hacker and I could only take out one of them before getting a magic rod...ok well you get the rest. This happened two more times, each time none of the attackers were higher than 50 but there were 5 of them.

It was almost like traveling into the future and going to London England only to discover adults no longer exist so the city is dominated by child gangs and no one is around to enforce ESRB ratings.

So any guesses on how my experience went? 1 hour to install (I forgot it's 30 freaking gigs), 3 hours to update aaaaaaaand 10 minutes to realize the game is full of noob grief gangs...got ambushed three times, once in the guild city I spawned in at first, which no longer belongs to us as I find out because this other guild was really not happy to see me, called me a hacker and I could only take out one of them before getting a magic rod...ok well you get the rest. This happened two more times, each time none of the attackers were higher than 50 but there were 5 of them.

It was almost like traveling into the future and going to London England only to discover adults no longer exist so the city is dominated by child gangs and no one is around to enforce ESRB ratings.

I snickered through this entire review.

So how's the notoriety system? Did it negatively affect you at all? Were these gangs full of low-level characters?

So how's the notoriety system? Did it negatively affect you at all? Were these gangs full of low-level characters?

Couldn't find it...the game is still clunky as heck (though my FPS were solid). I played my lvl70 PoM, everyone else was 50 or below that I encountered minus one 80 I saw.

I doubt it helped that I've completely forgotten how to play...

Couldn't find it...the game is still clunky as heck (though my FPS were solid). I played my lvl70 PoM, everyone else was 50 or below that I encountered minus one 80 I saw.

I doubt it helped that I've completely forgotten how to play...

I knew even before these posts that this would play out like a greek tragedy and only end in sadness.

That said, I lol'd :D

I knew even before these posts that this would play out like a greek tragedy and only end in sadness.

That said, I lol'd :D

Except unlike a Greek tragedy, I was the one being abused by 15 year old boys.