Be careful of who you try to screw over as a business

ZeroDamage

Not sure why United wouldn't just make a video about why that idiot checked an uninsured fragile item when the waiver clearly states they aren't responsible for damages? Oh he's from Halifax...it all makes sense now.

Not sure why United wouldn't just make a video about why that idiot checked an uninsured fragile item when the waiver clearly states they aren't responsible for damages? Oh he's from Halifax...it all makes sense now.

Dont jump the gun here Mo. A friend of mine who is a renowned folk accordian player (laugh if you will) was forced to check his instrument on a flight to chicago I think it was (he currently resides in Pittsburgh). He pleaded with them to keep it in the overhead compartment but they wouldn't let him. When he arrived at his destination he got his $20,000 (if not more) instrument in pieces and he got no compensation for it.

Another one of my friends who also plays accordian almost had the same problem. They said "It's too big to fit in the overhead" and he demonstrated exactly that it fits then told them where to go.

When I went to Europe with my group back in 97. We purchased a heavy duty hard shell fiber glass case for our double bass. We thought it was indestructable. When we got back to Canada off of our Air Canada flight there was a huge crack in the top which was not there when we left Europe. We were looking out the window onto the tarmac and saw them unloading everything and they were literally throwing baggage and boxes which clearly said "Fragile" on them including our hard shell case!.

If he was forced to check it what can he do If he has to travel somewhere he has no choice. You may be thinking "well why not borrow an instrument there?" but all musicians are comfortable with their own gear and prefer it over someone elses stuff.

Edited by Xterminator

Dont jump the gun here Mo. A friend of mine who is a renowned folk accordian player (laugh if you will) was forced to check his instrument on a flight to chicago I think it was (he currently resides in Pittsburgh). He pleaded with them to keep it in the overhead compartment but they wouldn't let him. When he arrived at his destination he got his $20,000 (if not more) instrument in pieces and he got no compensation for it.

Another one of my friends who also plays accordian almost had the same problem. They said "It's too big to fit in the overhead" and he demonstrated exactly that it fits then told them where to go.

I mean really, who has two accordian and the airline stories?

I mean really, who has two accordian and the airline stories?

Europeans, especially those from the balkans specialize in accordian. There's a guy who lives an hour away from me who has about 30 accordians and these are vintage. His collection is valued close to $500,000 if not more. Each region has their instrumentation and each has stories of stuff that has happened. It's not uncommon.

I'm not knocking the accordian. Just did not figure that anyone would have a relevant accordian at the airline story, let alone two. I love that sound of music, Gogol Bordello is catchy, they play that eastern european folk punk stuff.

Ah, my bad. I read it wrong!. Here's a clip of 2 of my buddies. The one playing accordian is the guy from the first story. I believe that's the accordian that was destroyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Tb3HWkJRE

Edited by Xterminator