SHI-KAAAAGO

mohawk

So, I'm moving to Chicago October 1st. I know we have some Chicagoian'ite's on the boards.. I'm looking for some input on neighborhoods..

I've been there probably about a dozen times, and plan on making some weekend trips over the next couple of weeks to do some exploring and look at apartments.. Right now, I'm leaning towards Lincoln Park and Bucktown areas, as my office is downtown in the loop, but will probably be flying out of O'hare a lot. I liked the feel of those neighborhoods when I was in town.. plus it seems a bit more affordable, easier to have a car, close to wrigley, walking distance, etc..

Any feedback would be much appreciated

My cousin lives in the Wicker Park area, alot of fun around there.

Wrigleyville is fun during baseball season of course, otherwise its known to be an area with alot of rainbow flags. Nothing wrong with that but I thought I would give you the heads up.

Lincoln Park area is more expensive but pretty nice as well.

Your only an hour or so away from me now, stalking will be so much easier

• Like 1

I live in Roscoe Village, which is just west of Wrigleyville (I am about a mile walk from the park). Depending on where you work in the loop, finding a place of the brown line is your best best. The red line is ok, but usually a lot more crowded and at times bum infested.

The rainbow flags are concentrated south-east of the park, normally on listings you will see it as "east lakeview" as they can't put boystown on there.

Lincoln Park is nice, I looked at a couple places there, but got more for my money where I am now. The neightborhoods are pretty similar though.

Hit me up if you have any questions about places. I just bought mine about 3 months ago, so I may have actually seen some of the places you are looking at.

As tomatoes said, avoid the Red Line areas. Housing over there extends into the south side aka the ghetto. I'm still in the 'burbs, but my girlfriend was looking into moving downtown. Personally, I'd rather have a bigger place and a car in the burbs rather than a tiny apartment and no car in the city.

P.S. anywhere on the northside is nice, but expensive.

I have a car at my place and park it on the street, and have never had a problem finding a place on my block. Not granted the farther you go east the more difficult it gets to find spots. And I do love the fact that I can walk 3 blocks to the train that runs every 5-8 min. and be at work in 30 for $2.25. Try driving downtown and parking for more then 30 seconds for that price ;)

• 2 weeks later...

wahooo.. it's official.. i'm heading west 10/9.

I'm looking at places to rent in LP and wrigley.. close to the brown line, but plan on having a car there as well.

Keep the suggestions coming.. I'm going to be out a couple weekends in Sept. to do some exploring

• 3 weeks later...