Borderlands

VooDooPC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out something I didn't know before about this game. Where Fallout 3 is an RPG before it is an FPS (I really disliked Fallout 3's shooting mechanism because everything was determined by an invincible die), Borderlands is the opposite. A miss is due to my cross-hairs being off. How much damage I do and take is determined by the RPG elements of the game.

Looking to be my type of game more and more :)

So this is NOT subscription based right? So is it a primarily a single player game or co-op? and can you use the same character between the two? Also is the single player online too?

Gonna be a tuff choice between this and the game of the year edition of Fallout 3. Seems they both come out a week apart in October, Fallout 3 first.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a lot of new videos on youtube of this game from PAX. Here's the links for two:

I have seen other videos that capture the same footage above and more from the same panel, but the ones I've posted have better sound and image quality. If you want to see the longer version (with lower audio and visual quality), you can check out this guy's profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/FragMonger360

I'm hoping this game doesn't suck. It looks cool, but I've been disappointed before. :shrug03:

Oh yeah im definitely buying this. It's the only game I've been talking with monk about for a while now lol. My friend Gram will also be purchasing it with me, so we'll be looking for 2 other ppl who wanna play that won't always steal all of the good drops :D

I'll play.

Shaftiel

it has a story with an ending im pretty sure, but they made it so there are boss runs u can repeatedly do like any other RPG. It's also not out yet, October 20th i believe is the date, so next month. one of the things that draws me to it is that there are like literally hundreds of thousands of weapons that you can get. So im going to always be in search of that one perfect weapon for each class... :)

Edited by samurai nightling

it has a story with an ending im pretty sure, but they made it so there are boss runs u can repeatedly do like any other RPG. It's also not out yet, October 20th i believe is the date, so next month. one of the things that draws me to it is that there are like literally hundreds of thousands of weapons that you can get. So im going to always be in search of that one perfect weapon for each class... :)

Roger that....I can see it now:

Wife: "Hey, are you coming to dinner?"

Laz: "Sure thing babe, just wanna get this one modification I was looking for..."

Wife: "MmmmHmm"

7 hours later:

Wife: "Erm...Gnight"

Laz: "Sure thing babe, just wanna get this one modification I was looking for..."

7 hours later:

Mine would be the same thing, except when she says "gnight" to me, I'd be on the ground twitching and there'd be a fork in my eye socket. :mellow:

7 hours later:

Mine would be the same thing, except when she says "gnight" to me, I'd be on the ground twitching and there'd be a fork in my eye socket. :mellow:

I don't know about laz.e.ruz, but in my case being married 14+ years has its advantages for me. :wiggle2:

Me and a friend started up one of the very first steam groups for the game, since we found out it will be on steam after all!!! It's to help people meet more people buying the game and to get things together such as games and events in game.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BorderlandDisorder

Join and if u want to be an officer, just hit me up and you'll most likely get it if i know you're a decent person. Join up!

• 3 weeks later...