Borderlands

VooDooPC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is killing me! I downloaded it through Steam, but it keeps showing "this game is currently unavailable". When's the release date for the PC?

Have you tried restarting steam?

Yeah, most people recommend restarting Steam because of decryption of the files; that was a huge problem they listed yesterday in the forums. If that doesn't work, verify integrity, etc.

Oh man!! So it's been out since Monday? I tried restarting steam, no go. There's a list of other stuff to try, something about deleting a blob file and whatnot. I'll try that tonight.

how do you find freinds?

Casually start up a conversation with someone. Try giving a small compliment or two, or find a common interest. Try not to be too standoffish or unapproachable in social situations.

Are you currently in Europe Unclean? It was pushed back until the 30th over the pond. Maybe want to check with your ISP as to your IP location.:lol2:

So you're all playing it on the PC? No 360 love?

I would love to get it for 360, but I have the feeling by the time I can actually buy another game (mid-november-ish) you and the other xbots will have moved on to something else :freak3:

You level pretty fast in the game Sedah, and I think people are wanting to start new characters all the time, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to start now.

And Unclean, my favorite part of the game so far is of course all the awesome guns you can find and unleash on your enemies.

As much as I like being a sniper in games since L4D, sniping is really finicky when sniping really far away... maybe it's because of guns I'm using, or my skill points, but I wait for it to steady out and I shoot at a bandit pretty far away on a bridge and the bullet either goes below or above where I'm aiming.

Like a hitbox problem? Or just physics of bullets are more like real life in this game?

And from earlier posts about this game, I thought leveling wasn't really a huge thing - you could have people of varying levels altogether at once. I'm hoping this is still the case, b/c if not, I'll never be able to catch up to you guys in here either. :/

Skill points will improve your sniping, as well as better guns. Its an accuracy rating. ( Cone of Fire)

Levels will matter because of Hit points, skill points etc, and the quality of weapons and armor (can you give a friend a better shield or gun in this game?)

Or you can probably grab better equip when playing with higher level others'.

But levels only help with some things, its still and FPS in that regard.

@Dragonfire: I still play BFH/AVA and other PC FPSs. This isn't a twitch game. I'd much rather play it on a console than my PC, except for the fact that all you guys are getting it on the PC. Booo

@Jackie: What Laz said. Pay close attention to the accuracy rating. Anything under 95 and you'll notice it right away. If you're the hunter class then put points into the accuracy boost. Im currently rocking a lvl 32 orange sniper that does 366 dmg, 97 accuracy, 1.3 ROF with a 5 bullet clip (more with the extended clip skill) and has 4x explosion damage. :freak: I'm almost to level 40 and it still pwns everything. AOE ftw.

Welp, I followed all of steps suggested to me by Steam support...

Deleting the blob

Deleting the Borderlands folder and redownloading the game

Updating videocard drivers

Disabling virus software (what?)

Uninstalling Steam/deleting folder with all games (saved the configs)

Steam support's next suggestion is to do a format/reinstall of Windows. That's not something I have time for right now. I'm not sure they can provide a refund because it was part of a 4 pack that was "gifted" to me, but there's gotta be a way for them to see that I've never even logged into the game.

Does anyone have any other ideas that are a little less drastic?

what exactly happens when you try to run it? And your system specs?

http://gbxforums.gea...isplay.php?f=90

If you are getting the 1722 error with Vista or 7 there is this thread:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=78731&page=7

Vista 64 Bit Business Ed., Q6600, Geforce GTX280, 4GB ram (gskill I think), plenty of hard drive space.

The first error was "this game is not available, please try again later". After multiple reinstalls, now it's at the 1722 error. I tried that 'folder rename during installation' trick you linked - it seemed promising - but no luck. I've burned 4 gaming nights so far trying to resolve this, I'm calling it DOA. Maybe if they come out with a fix or patch that addresses this, I'll see ya guys in there. Until then, happy fragging!

So, I got the game yesterday and tried playing it. It played beautifully on my laptop with the settings cranked (I love this laptop), but after killing all the bandits in the Firelands (or whatever that first town is called), nothing happens. Claptrap doesn't talk to the dr and I can't hit the switch to open his door. Everything just kind of sits there. Anyone else have this problem?