Wolfenstein

Clueless

Actually had no idea they were even working on a new one. I remember playing Wolfenstein on my old Commodore 64 when it was still a 2d version. Or maybe it was the 286? That was a long time ago. Then Wolf3d came out and along with Doom changed the gaming world forever. I remember the demo for WOlf3d being an astounding 500kb! Took nearly an hour to d/l it from the local bbs on the 2400 baud modem I had.

Good times man. :)

Pretty sure I still have the floppy disk with it somewhere around here. Still have the 286 too......

I still have Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC 2001). I didn't care for it back when it was released. Looked kinda pretty though.

id really needs to stop pounding out the same old crap. They haven't had any new IP for close to what, 15 years???

GC Alumni

I still have Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC 2001). I didn't care for it back when it was released. Looked kinda pretty though.

id really needs to stop pounding out the same old crap. They haven't had any new IP for close to what, 15 years???

I liked the 2001 release too, lol...i dunno, something about the feel of the game with the Nazi's and experiments and all that, it was cool.

Yeah, I really liked the 2001 version too - I must have played through that final fight about 30 times because it was so much fun. Incidentally, you can glitch the final boss by walking VERY slowly out of the cave - it collapses and you get stuck in it. You can hurt the boss, but it can't hurt you.

• 2 weeks later...

By the 2001 version, you mean Return to Castle Wolfenstein correct? If so, I agree, this one was very sweet (multiplay was good too). For the single-player mode, I never made it past the Uber Soldat (or whatever he was called in the game) and eventually moved on but all in all it was a great game with great controls.