Farve to sign with Vikings

boiler

Doubtful. Aside from those who are blind followers, most probably think he's a putz. Loved him, still love him, but a putz with more than a touch of fameball.

Also, this *will* end badly.

He taunted the football gods for years with his retirement waffles.

Then he "retired" and was put on the Madden cover.

Then he un-retired.

The football gods were not pleased.

Their first shot at him missed (he is Farve..) but took out Brady for the year.

No matter, they gave him the subtle message of suck for the latter part of the season and he "got the message" and retired "for real"

Now he has come back again. From the dead...

I doubt the football gods will whiff this time; it should be spectacular and serve as a reminder to all pro football players that when it is time, it is time.

-Fk

choice bits plagiarized from the interwebs.*

"BREAKING NEWS: Brett Favre coverage is still very annoying."

"Even while tossing around the idea of staying retired, Brett Favre was intercepted 13 times."

"Vikings are expected to receive $4,500 from the Federal Gov't under the cash for clunkers quarterback program."

*if i see these on WSN i'm suing.

choice bits plagiarized from the interwebs.*

"BREAKING NEWS: Brett Favre coverage is still very annoying."

"Even while tossing around the idea of staying retired, Brett Favre was intercepted 13 times."

"Vikings are expected to receive $4,500 from the Federal Gov't under the cash for clunkers quarterback program."

*if i see these on WSN i'm suing.

*golf clap*

Being a Packers fan, it doesn't really bother me....I got over the Favre thing right away because we needed to dump him. I believe that Rogers is the best QB in the division over Favre and Cutler. I will admit he probably an upgrade from what the Vikings had at QB but I doubt he will make it through a season. Plus I don't miss all of the dumb interceptions he would throw, which will now happen to the Vikings :biglaugha: ! It should be a fun year for the NFC North because the Packers, Bears and Vikings all have legitimate shots at the conference.

I believe that Rogers is the best QB in the division

How can you say that with a straight face?

Its between cutler and rodgers

Sorry, I have a man crush on farve and all, but he is not as good as those two.

Weird to say that the #1 pick in the nfl draft(stafford) will have the least amount of focus this year in the NFC north.

I believe that Rogers is the best QB in the division

How can you say that with a straight face?

Who do you think it is, Favre? Have you watched him play over the past few years? I have watched him nearly every game and he has really diminished. Plus coming off the injury and playing on turf (which he is awful on) is going to hurt him this year. We are talking right now, not history and Favre's best years are behind him. I will admit that Favre is probably top 50% even with all of the factors listed above. Cutler is certainly way better than what the Bears have had for a long time but I would rate him as a good QB only maybe top 30%. Rodgers did an amazing job last year in probably the most difficult situation a QB has, replacing a legend. I know nothing about Detroit's rookie. So yes that is my straight face.

QBs I would rather have than Cutler (in no particular order):

1.) Tom Brady

2.) Peyton Manning

3.) Eli Manning

4.) Drew Brees

5.) Donovan McNabb

6.) Aaron Rodgers

7.) Matt Ryan

All I care about is that the Vikings are better off with him than without him (in my opinion). He does not have to take the whole game on his shoulders (like he did in NY and with GB the last few years he was there). All he needs to do is be able to hand the ball off to AP a bunch and throw to single covered receivers 15-20 times a game. I think he can do that just fine. He gets in trouble when he tries to make too much happen. Not to mention he is throwing under a system he is very familiar with. I think he is much better the Vikes current crop of loser QB's even if he is old and not what he was. Even if he gets hurt or just can not play any more they still have the same options to replace him. Would I rather have a young star QB with 10 years of play left in him? Yes. Am I happy the Favre joined? Absolutely.

Anyhow, I really like the Vikings chances this year, great offensive and defensive lines, the best RB in the league, a veteran QB to hit a group of pretty speedy WRs. Secondary is not great but is probably better than average. But it is silly to speculate now, that is why they play the games. But if they only win 8 games and miss the playoffs with Favre, I doubt they would make the playoffs without him.

QBs I would rather have than Cutler (in no particular order):

1.) Tom Brady

2.) Peyton Manning

3.) Eli Manning

4.) Drew Brees

5.) Donovan McNabb

6.) Aaron Rodgers

7.) Matt Ryan

Can't believe you left out the reining Super Bowl champion Ben Roethlisberger. Brady is a question mark at this point with coming off the knee injury, McNabb has yet to prove he can win the big games and Peyton for all his regular season fireworks is getting much closer to the end of his career than the beginning. Beyond them, yea. Not sure there are that many elite QB out there. Romo? no. Any QB for the Titans? nope. Forget the west, NFC or AFC. Well, Rivers still has the possibility, but I think Brees is better than him. Also, Matt Ryan would need to prove to me that he's not a one season wonder before I'd take him.

The best, and most obvious choice would still have to be Big Ben. :) He just wins, man. :peace:

Funny that Farve signed with the Vikings so close to the preseason so he could skip out on training camp.

Completely not a coincidence..... If you were 40 would you want to go through 2-a-days and all the rest of the grind of training camp? ;)

Of course... not.

Edited by JackieChan