My Wife got hired!

[LaW]Maverick

My wife and I have been pretty ridiculously broke for the past year or so because the state of Ohio is pretty crappy when it comes to getting a job as a teacher. For each opening in a public school, there are could be anywhere from 300 to 700 applicants...it was pretty bad.

However, this year, my wife got hired! She has a pretty killer classroom too! :) On top of that, shortly after on school hired her, a second one called to offer her a job! That's...insane if you're at all familiar with the teacher situation in Ohio. :)

Anyway, just wanted to share the good news with my good friends at GC! :)

Whoa, congrats! It's really tough to find teaching jobs in IL too. Lady Unclean had the hardest time finding a teaching job, and ended up at a crappy school for 2 years, then went back for her master's before doing something totally unrelated.

Two teaching job offers is a HUGE accomplishment, your wife should be proud.

YAY for Mrs. Maverick! My wife's been teaching for 10 years at the same district in NE Ohio, before that she subbed for 3 years after graduation before getting the full time job. Hope she's at a good district where the community supports the schools and the parents are committed to ensuring their children take their edumacation srsly. ;)

It's bad everywhere. In Toronto they're telling female teachers it could be upwards of a five year wait to get a position within the city. Different story if you're a man who is fluent in French, there are supposedly many positions available.

Congrats to the wifey! Have you put in any game purchase requests? :biglaugha:

we live in NE OH, the job she got is in Akron. :-)

Where does your wife teach Wolfsblood? My Mom also worked as a teacher in Jackson (also NE OH) for a looong time, my brother teaches in Warren...which is Eastern Ohio really...though it's more north than south, near Youngstown.

Her other job offer was in Massillon, but that's not the greatest district in the world to work for.... :shrug03:

Anyway, thanks for all the congrats! I was getting really sick of being flat-broke all the bloody time....this will go a long way in helping as she will be making about $12,000 or $13,000 more this year than she did last year. :)