Guild Wars 2

samurai nightling

I bought this game, but I can't get past the character movement. I didn't play in the headstart and don't plan on playing, I'm not sure exactly what it is but the movement feels like it's a cheap mmo to me. Like I'm gliding on top of the ground... I dunno. I'm weird and apparently the only one that feels this way.

If it helps, I didnt like the movement controls at first. I changed them, and took a couple days to get used to it again, since I hadn't played an MMO since the first GW.

At times it does feel like im gliding on the ground, but only when I'm on slopes, they seem super slippery. Would of been nice if they programmed that you fell and tumbled down hills rather then slide on then like a water slide.

Anyone care to comment on dynamic events? Just wondering how well they've been implemented; Joystiq didn't seem impressed.

On a side note, I'll join you guys when the game is half off (money/time issues and such). It may be a while, but one day, you'll see a human thief/ Norn guardian running towards your party.

He'll probably have agroed a lot of monsters. Please save him.

• Like 1

He'll probably have agroed a lot of monsters. Please save him.

pirates-running-590x350.jpg

Essentially, you're just questing as usual and a message will pop up saying there's an event in the area. It will show up on your map. It somehow measures your participation in it and awards you a gold, silver, or bronze medal for it. Bad thing is, it repeats.... often. At least that's my take on it.

As for as your personal story quest line, it uses instancing to keep you separate from gen pop while doing your own quest chain.

Edited by Cinkadeus
  • Like 1

I'm loving the apathetic way I can join these events. Don't have to search for groups, don't have to compete with people for loot. It's amazing, if you hate socializing like I do!

+1! No more shouting "LFG! LFG!" :twitch:

To see people just "show up" and converge on the event still amazes me :) And I think the event scales to how many people show up too