Guild Wars 2

samurai nightling

SBI... your damn zergs are terrible at siege. If only they weren't so big.

Yeah, and we spend all our effort on EB instead of splitting our zergs so we don't lose all of our borderlands before we're down by about 200 points per tick :\. That's why I mostly just do Fractals now and farm dungeons. What server are you on?

My guild chat was a rage fest for a good while. You should add me, either as Allanon Dazzles (My mesmer main) or my account name Fishesofgold.4985. I won't be on for most of the summer after this week but I'll probably pick it back up in the Fall.

Been toying with the idea to start playing again... haven't played since.. hmm the Halloween event? Has some cool new stuff been added?

Enough to warrant playing for a little while. They added a new end game dungeon called Fractals of the Mist (or Fractals for short) that's a little bit longer than a normal exploration path. Basically there are a number of different fractal levels and when you complete three in a row you level up and can do a more difficult one. On even numbered levels (e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.) there's a bass called Jade Maw after the third fractal after which you get a nice chest reward. Also once you get to level 10 bosses in each Fractal start using an effect called Agony which basically hurts a hell of a lot unless you you have Agony Resistance which you can get on the new rarity of item they added in November called Ascended. That's just a brief summary but here's a much better guide

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-fractals-mists

Beyond that they also added a new zone called Southsun Cove in November and it's changed a little bit with what A.net is called Living Story (aka their way of keeping the game alive by making the world change). It's great for farming and right now it's at the end of a event that gives daily chest rewards for defeating the Karka "queen".

Sorry that was probably a lot of info at once but basically tl;dr yes at least hop on GW2, it's not like there's a subscription fee so I don't see any reason why not to. Hit me up if I'm online.

• 1 month later...

So, I've decided to throw in the towel with swtor (and never, ever play that game again) and go back to guild wars 2 (which I love, and oddly haven't played in a long, long time)

What server is everyone on? I think I'm on blackgate.

I wish most people from GC still played. I am always on but people may not know it's me since I use a different name. I rarely see anyone in the GC guild online, and if they are they rep another guild, I do too.

Come WvW with us! We usually fight small fights to pick with JQ and SoR.

Well, I've decided to start a new character; I don't much like my guardian, and she's broke and has crap gear. lol. I'm trying to decide what to try now, though.

• 1 month later...
Sky

I stopped playing gw2 mostly, altogether; I really feel the real money system has completely fubar'ed the economy. It's why I prefer a subscription-based MMO that has no real-money interaction in game.

Edited by Sky

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped playing gw2 mostly, altogether; I really feel the real money system has completely fubar'ed the economy. It's why I prefer a subscription-based MMO that has no real-money interaction in game.

Not sure what you're talking about. You can pay money to get Gems which have nothing to do with the economy, or you can also buy gems with gold which you earn in game.

Real money is pretty much used for clothing and other extras that don't change the game. Also buying gems and exchanging for gold is a waste of money, since the exchange rate is horrible. With the new Scarlet Invasions you will be making gold really fast.

Decided to come back with all the changes and it is fun and fresh as ever.