Aion OB Ended, Release on the way

Sedah

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far Siel and Lumiel has the most votes

Edit: Lumiel looks to be the unofficial role-playing server (what is a role-playing server?). Role-playing is not forced on anyone though. This ought to create a more immersive experience and the general consensus is that RP'ers are usually more mature :thumbsup:

Edited by lousiest

One other note - there is a legion named Ruin (/Ruined/Ruinous/etc) that was true to their name - they would gather massive quantities of people and just dominate servers. When I say "massive quantities", they'd have to make multiple guilds because they'd reach the limit of 500 people per guild. I think they were anywhere from 1500-2000 strong on a server. It wasn't really fun for either side after awhile, so everyone would leave that server and reroll on another.

FYI, just found out that Ruin is on Siel (see Siel server will be destroyed by the guild Ruin).

ahhh then lumielll, how about the server we played on OB? how's that looking?

Sorry Sedah, didn't know you were replying :P

Kasinel's forums is pretty dead. Nezekan has been changed to a Oceanic server to cater to the players from Australia and NZ. Talk is that the NA players that originally wanted to play on Nezekan will now go to a diff server.

FYI, just found out that Ruin is on Siel (see Siel server will be destroyed by the guild Ruin).

Nice find. Siel's out for me then.

As far as Lumiel being a RP server, I'm of two minds. I've never played on a RP server in any game, but I'm all for playing with nicer players. However, saying "yes m'lord" in vent would get cheesy mighty fast.

Oh, and just as a reminder, I'm getting married on the 26th. The next week or so is going to be extremely busy for me, and I'll be out of the country from Sept 28th - Oct 4th. This means I might only log a few hours in Aion total until the second week of October, when you guys will all be level 50. :P

As far as Lumiel being a RP server, I'm of two minds. I've never played on a RP server in any game, but I'm all for playing with nicer players. However, saying "yes m'lord" in vent would get cheesy mighty fast.

Roleplaying will not be forced on anyone (NCSoft will not be naming Lumiel the official RP server). It's just that the RP community has decided to make Lumiel the unofficial RP server. The RPers have also said that they do not mind regular non-RP players on Lumiel.

Wedding pics!!! :) Gratz again :thumbsup:

When diverging away from some of the GCers that played WoW, I started over on another server (Horde) that I chose at random (wanted it to be PVP), but chose a RPPVP server. 2% of the people I encountered RP'd. The other 98% made fun of the 2% in terms of trying to annoy them by jumping around them, spamming messages, or just flat out making fun of them either right next to them or the fact that people do RP in trade chat.

Don't think you'll have to worry about RPing.

Edited by JackieChan

Looking forward to start off with 400,000 people :)

Must be my anti-social attitude, but all that says to me is that it will take twice as long to complete quests because there will be 10 other guys trying to do the same one at the same time. Sigh.

Shaftiel

Haha Shaft :) Lumiel hopefully won't be that crowded. From what I'm seeing with legion sign-ups, most are concentrated in Zikel and Nezekan (though many are moving now that the server is "Oceanic").

LOL Jackie

Edit: The 400,000 includes both EU and NA pre-orders (and I think there are 12 EU and 12 NA servers, and Chen mentioned that they were adding 2 more NA servers)

Edited by lousiest

Looking forward to start off with 400,000 people :)

Must be my anti-social attitude, but all that says to me is that it will take twice as long to complete quests because there will be 10 other guys trying to do the same one at the same time. Sigh.

Shaftiel

lol we should all be fine, each server has 10 channels so you can always change channels if one is busy