Fallen Earth

ChenTzen

Fallen Earth is a post apocalyptic FPS RPG MMO, people who haven't played may call it a Fallout 3 MMO, before I played I said the same thing. In a way it is, but i would say its more like a Mad Max MMO. Crafting is huge in this game, there is PvP with 6 different factions each one having arch enemies and allies. I posted some pics in the screen shot gallery. Trying to see if we can get people to play. Dragonfire and I were in the beta test and wanted to try out Aion before we commited to anything, and after playing Aion, I had to go back to Fallen Earth. Great music, atmosphere and a much more mature player base compaired to Aion. Aion was too candy coated and basic for me. With Fallen Earth you have the option to make a character how you want it to be, there are no classes, no races, just stats and skills that you spend AP points in. The world is huge, in those screens you can actually walk all the way out there. I was told it would take 11 hours by foot. You can train/buy horses or biuld/buy your own vehicles. Not only that you have to keep your horse/vehicle feed or fueled and repaired, And when you make a vehicle, you don't just make it, you have to make all the components that go into the type of vehicle you want. Anything you can buy, you can make and more. There are special faction items/skills depending on how you want to develope your character. Also don't know how they did it, but theres only one server, so everyone who plays Fallen Earth, plays in the same world. So far its just Dragonfire and I who are playing and Lousiest is on the verge of turning over. I recommend checking it out.

It should be ok, im running on a q6600 with an ATI 4870 with everything set to max, 2x AA/16x AF and it runs smooth for me. You have to run the in game file defrag or it runs like crap, cause the game it basically 50,000 little files when you install. Fallen Earth is also sorta still in the beta phase so im sure they will keep coming out with optimizations, plus its an MMO, so it doesn't have all the shinny graphics as a new single player game would, but in terms of MMO graphics, its pretty awesome.

Lag is kinda of an issue since they only have a North American server so people around the world have to play there untill they get a european server up. Haven't had a chance to PvP yet so not sure on the reg, on the NPC's it seems fine, there is a few bugs where the NPC creatures will sometimes slide to you when they can't calculate a good path to get to you. But as far as rubber banding I haven't felt any. I just don't like when you turn on the show ping option it only shows you the /kb's that are coming in and going out. I guess they don't want peope to think they are playing an FPS with 200-300 ping. In Aion my ping went from 200-1000 back and forth thru out the day. It made the macros impossable to use.

Haha, I saw that name and thought "DF must have forgot her password".

I'm somewhat committed to AION at the moment, but I'd be curious to hear your impressions after launch. This looks like a cool game too.

MAN! Aion, Fallen Earth, Borderlands - why couldn't they spread out the release of cool lookin' games?

Just dinged 80 on wow a few weeks ago and am playing with some friends doing heroics ect. on a daily bases. I don't have a lot of time starting up another mmo. However I am getting bored with wow and it only takes me an hour to do my daily's and another if we do a instance. We'll see, I was going to jump on age of conan, but I saw how fast that died, so I don't want to invest a lot of time into a game that is going to die a few months after it launch's. I will defiantly keep my eye on it though.

The game is great, the more i play the more i like it and it never seems to stop the new things i learn about it. BTW, Fallen Earth has rocketed to the 2nd top selling game on steam. They have a new player chat channel in game to ask questions and that thing goes by so fast sometimes you can't even read it all.

So how is it?

I love the game and it would be great if you joined in on the fun. If you can deal with some bugs yet, it's a great game, the Dev's are amazing with support for the game and GM's are always online to help anybody who needs some. This game is definitely in depth with the crafting, I have bred 2 horses already and working on an ATV, and someday will be making a motorcycle. I love shooting my pistols, they sound so cool each and every time. Let me know if you're going to play, Chen and I are in vent everyday, so come on in if you want to ask us any questions, we'd be happy to tell you more about the game.

Edited by DragonFire