I need your advice

Wow, Preach. I'm sorry for all the hurting. How old are your kids?

Reason being my brother went through it and his kids were 4 and 6 when he went through it. He struggled on how to be the best dad he could be and wrestled with the same questions you just asked. If you are interested in chatting with him, PM me and I'll get you the info.

My daughter will be 16 in Jan. and my son will be 15 in Feb.

The main stuff I am struggling with is wanting to be overly permissive due to seeing them hurt. I'm trying to maintain stability and rules, but it's hard. Fortunately both of my kids have really good hearts and are not pushing me to hard to get away with stuff.

Edited by Preacher

• 3 weeks later...

I read this story when you first posted it, but didn't know what to say. I figure it's better to say something than nothing at all though.

I kept thinking of it in terms of options - either she's making up stories to get out of a marriage instead of trying to make it work, or she actually did them. If it was option A, then that's a horrible thing to do to your family. Option B is just as bad. In either case, my heart really goes out to you.

What's helped me through hard times might sound kinda crazy, but it's worked. In the darker times, it really seemed like there was a stormy raincloud following me around (like a cartoon). No matter where you go or what you do, it's always there darkening your mood. Yet as the days go by, that raincloud gets smaller and smaller. The storm turns into a sprinkle, and one day it stops completely. I don't think that cloud ever goes away completely, but the rain does stop.

I'm sorry Preach.

I pray she finds a healthy and true path.

If you counsel couples then you know, it takes two committed people to make a relationship. One person giving it all they've got won't cut it.

One day at a time, my man. Take comfort in the 'little' blessings that are all over the place.

Call if you want to chat.

Duke