MS Word 2007 save Error

dragonfly

Ok, so when I'm planning physics, or creating a test for my students, I tend to get a little angry when I go to save and Word 2007 gives me an error, telling me it can't save the file.

I've done the update. Anyone else get this problem? Any help? I dont like making tests twice.

Oh, the error is as follows:

A file error has occurred.

(C:\....blah.docx)

OK

Yeah, I click the "OK" button because it's my only option. It's actually not OK. :)

Edit: I'm running XP SP2.

Edited by dragonfly

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/dark/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

^^ Is this supposed to be a picture of the problem, or the cause of the problem? If the latter, I'd say why are you using Word instead of Publisher. Otherwise maybe just try a different editor; Google Docs works OK for me, just print to PDF then print the PDF.

P.S. Or try LaTeX for that authentic math-professor look.

Oh, I didnt even know that file thing was there. My bad. I think I tried to take a ss and then just paste it in or something. It's not the cause of the error.

As for why do I use it - it SHOULD be working fine. I figured if someone knew why it wasn't, it's easier to to fix it than learn a new program. I'm getting quite efficient at math type and navigating/creating my documents.

As for temp files, I'll look into that. Thanks. I know .docx is pretty much similar to a zip file, and contains a bunch of stuff, so something in there is prolly messing it all up. I can save to a .doc, but it looses some of the features I'm using.

Anyway, thank you for some direction gentlemen and bush. :wavey: