so who's actually gonna be playing L4D2 ?

eXile

Awww, 4 of us have been playing since 9:30 this morning, and we haven't really stopped yet. The game is pretty amazing, I'll play with you another day Exile, we can easily grab 4 people, I bought a 4 pack and know people who bought it off me.

Also it is kind of early in the day yet, people are still at work and what not, I'm sure tonight you will be able to get some GCer's in a game with you.

Seems like the Boomer is still the ultimate distraction SI. Can't plan good attacks without one to deal the chip damage and it seems like the other SI depend on the Boomer more than ever.

Boomer vomits on survivors.

Smoker pulls one.

Charger runs in.

Hunter or Jockey pounces with a Spitter spitting at the Hunter/Charger.

Given a team has that kind of luck.

I've found the spitter to be a better distraction. Everyone sees that green crap on the ground and they do everything they can to get out of it or away from it. This is usually a good time to boom them or charge into them with the charger. The charger is limited to narrow hallways, etc and usually only after the survivors have been distracted. I've found the Jocky worth hanging onto in case a survivor falls behind. You basically control where the survivor goes and you can run his donkey all the way back as far as you can which is often times the ultimate distraction. The hunter has become the weakling of the group or at least that is what I am seeing so far. With all the special infected you can be now, you no longer get the 3 hunter + 1 smoker end-round combo that you used to get. Although you can still get them with the hunter + smoker + jockey + charger but it is a little harder. There seems to be so many different types of weapons now too nevermind the melee weapons such as baseball bats, swords, axes, etc that take the place of the pistol. There is also a deagle for counter-strike fans.

so should I buy it or what?

If you do decide to buy it, you can currently get a single PC copy for $39.99 at newegg. They already dropped the price $10.00 one day after release: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832130243&cm_re=left_4_dead_2-_-32-130-243-_-Product

I don't know of any other retailer that's done this yet (so far). The 4 pack on Steam might be a little cheaper, but A) you have to find 3 others to split the cost, and B) it's only a savings of $2.50 from newegg's price. $150.00/4 = $37.50 each. GoGamer.com has it for $39.90, but they tack on a $2.99 shipping charge.

EDIT: I didn't mean to put up that smiley icon. It was supposed to be B with a parentheses.

2ND EDIT: Amazon.com has a low price of $39.99 now too: http://www.amazon.com/Left-4-Dead-2-Pc/dp/B002BRYXRQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1258621959&sr=8-2

Edited by TheFirstMonk

This might only be a rumor, but I hear that Gamestop is selling Left 4 Dead 2 PC version for $29.99 on Black Friday:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/11/19/gamestop-black-friday-sales-include-left-4-dead-2-at-29-99/

If that really is the price, it's a good price, but I may or may not get it because 1. I hear that Gamestop is not so great (maybe that's just for preorders), 2. I don't like getting up early for Black Friday, 3. I don't like the crowds on Black Friday, 4. I don't like Black Friday at all (the concept of it), and 5. I'm on the lookout to see if any other retailer offers something similar in price before that day, unlikely as it is.

I'm posting this in case anyone else feels like getting it.

Dell has Left 4 Dead 2 for $30 if anyone is still interested in getting it!

Dell Home - L4D2 $30

I got it and have been playing. I have to say, it's much better than l4d, and impossible to play on the harder difficulties when you have bots.

I heard about this deal yesterday, but when I put my order in my cart, it said the estimated delivery date would be 12/14/09. :freak3: This is weird because some people at the Slickdeals.net comment board say they get similar dates like 12/1/09-12/14/09. Dell might be overestimating though because some people have already reported that they received their order the day after. I dunno what is going on with the dates, but if you do order from them, be sure to upgrade your shipping to 3-5 days; it's free, just like 5-7 day shipping. I'm probably just going to go to Gamestop early on Friday and pick up a copy. See you guys then.

And as for playing with bots on higher difficulties: I hear the bots have increased in stupidity, so maybe that's the reason why it's even harder. :biglaugha:

• 2 weeks later...