R.I.P. Wayfarer aka Paul Kostuik

Fatty

i've only played css with him, but there was never a shortage of laughs and good times when he was around. strangefamous introduced me to .gc, but guys like wayfarer are what kept me coming back (so blame him :D). my thoughts go out to those he left behind, but i pray he's at peace.

until the next time, wayfarer.

I'm at a bit of a loss for words at the moment, to put it lightly.

Wayfarer, I miss you already. I'll never forget the good times we had and the impromptu tour of Buffalo you gave us trying to find the on-ramp to the border on the way home from FF'06.

I count myself among the lucky ones to have known such a great friend. You'll live on eternally in our memories.

This is really shocking news...so sad to lose a good friend like Way. Through GC, FragFest, CSS, WoW, Vanguard, (and all the other online games we played), Way was the best friend you could ask for. Always positive, and had a helping hand for everyone.

If you donate money count me in.

RIP Way...

:(

Wow, this took me by surprise. I spent a lot of time playing with Wayf and just chatting with him back when I was active in CS and on GC. I'm deeply saddened by this news.

RIP Wayf, you and your family will be in my thoughts.

-George

Like most of you who played with Wayfarer, I too enjoyed many a night in CSS. Wayf was a great guy, for those of you who remember the CSS team, he was there as captain and a great support to all of us. He will be greatly missed by this community. My family and I's prayers go out, may GOD comfort all in this time.

It is a far better place in which he goes, a place that GOD has prepared for him. Rest in Peace my friend.

Oh man, this is shocking news. Though Way and I lived in the same city, we never met in person. Whenever we chatted in-game he was always pleasant. I had no idea that he was ill.

Unfortunately, I can, in a way, understand his decision. When you have a chronic illness you can easily become so depressed that you can only see one way out. It's this black, black monster that took me away from this community and keeps me away. It's quite easy to sound cheerful, especially in on-line chats, even as the blackness eats away at you. I could go on but I won't. Some day I will come back to stay.

Today I came to say a simple good bye to Wayfarer. Rest in peace, Way. You will be missed.

Hey Pavid, remember,even when things are at their darkest...it's good to have friends, even if they only serve as a temporary diversion, and the server can also be a great distraction, and a place to burn off some frustration, well...or add more, depending on how well you play, lol.

You are always welcome here.

I only knew wayfarer from the MMO side, but what a guy. Funny how he touches different people's lives in different ways. RIP wayfarer - may you get many frags in that great big LAN party in the sky.

I think a gift on behalf of GC would be wonderful, FK. You know our budget, how's $100 sound?

Can you (or another person that has access) set up a temporary collection through paypal? I know it's the holidays and money is tight, but I still think we'd get way more than $100 to donate on behalf of GC.

I only knew wayfarer from the MMO side, but what a guy. Funny how he touches different people's lives in different ways. RIP wayfarer - may you get many frags in that great big LAN party in the sky.

I think a gift on behalf of GC would be wonderful, FK. You know our budget, how's $100 sound?

Can you (or another person that has access) set up a temporary collection through paypal? I know it's the holidays and money is tight, but I still think we'd get way more than $100 to donate on behalf of GC.

I like that. I'm sure we can donate more... if we let others chip in what they can. :)

you guys are great! we're definitely discussing it, and hope to get something solidified shortly. we'll make the information painfully hard to miss :D

at some point i'm going to come back and scrub this thread so it's just a memorial to paul. if you guys have any suggestions for donations, please shoot me (or any board member or senior admin) a pm so we can collect those thoughts.

happy holidays - hope you're all enjoying the time you're having with friends and family.

-sj

I have a ton of great memories of Way... one of my favorites is getting to be an honorary Canadian in the forming of EH? and the hijinks that in sued. Wayf you will be missed. Someday I'll be in heaven with you laughing about the fun times we had while drinking some tasty Canadian beer. R.I.P. Buddy.

Chip

***EDIT BY FATTY*** If you're not from our forums, please note that this is only the last post on this page...please click the "2" below to continue reading responses