R.I.P. Wayfarer aka Paul Kostuik

Fatty

Hello all and thank you for your all your heart felt comments. My name is Pam and I am Paul's sister. Paul had been depressed for some time and had took his own life in September. Paul had been dealing with a form of ALS also known as Lou Gehrig's disease and depression from dealing with a disability at such a young age. It's hard to be alone and to deal with all of this we as his family tried. I gave my nephew Mike access to his account as his got hacked and stolen. Paul had many fun times with many of you on WOW and I heard much about it from him. I only knew most of you by your screen names but you were all his friends and I know he will be missed.

I read that you wanted to help...one way you can all help is to remember those that are alone and if you are thinking of them don't put off calling them...call, go out for coffee make them feel like they too are important...or your local suicide prevention or crisis centers.

Thanks Pam McFarlin

Hi Pam, thank you for taking the time to come in and post...I wish we were welcoming you to our community under different circumstances. I am very sorry for your loss, while he will be missed here in our family, it can't compare to the hole left in yours, I hope everyone is doing well. Your brother was a great guy to hang out with and I am glad that I had that chance, he always had such a great attitude, which is why I was so surprised to hear about the depression, but I guess we can get to know someone only so well here. But on the other side of that, maybe the gaming and the friends made from it was a enough of a distraction and it gave him some relief from his troubles, even if only temporary.

You and your nephew will of course always be welcome to stop in and chat or even play with us, and we hope you do!

Take care!

Tom

Hi Tom and thank you for your kind comments, My sister Tricia and I were happy and overwhelmed to see that he had so many friends on here and on WOW. My nephew Mike (Tricia's son) has taken over his Wayfarer WOW account they played together a lot on there and they were the best of friends. Please welcome him into your world. Thank you. Pam and Tricia (his sisters)

Nothing is harder than a suicide in the family. Although the problems of life can seem overwhelming the regular problems that we have often make someone else's issues invisible. This is not because we don't care or because we're stupid or dense, it's just life. Paul was a great guy and I can remember spending endless hours with him in the middle of the night joking back and forth. I knew he was having a hard time, but haven't spoken to him since last May. Although internet gaming friends come and go, Paul was my friend and will be remembered. Don't allow his loss to be where his memorial lies, I know I want to recall his jovial attitude and fun nature. Remember the love, the joy and the good times when you recall. Stop asking how or why and move on in the knowledge that we have all been enriched by his presence with us, even if it was for such a short time.

May God richly bless you and your family and fill the void left by Paul with fond memories of such a great brother, son and friend.

God bless,

Preacher

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Wow i cannot believe that i have found this. This is Way's nephew, and i woke up this morning and just remembered about all this and wanted to find it so i searched up GC on google and i didnt know if you guys were still active but i wanted to see if there was anyone on who use to game with my uncle Way. Anyway ive signed up with GC now and i put my steam account and battle.net on there. I mainly play wow right now i made a warrior in honor of my uncle. his name is Snowway. you can find him on the realm Thrall. got a very small leveling guild now but just some friends to play with. Its really amazing to just jump on here and see all that my uncle had been involved in and all the great friends that he had to game with.

• Like 3