I got a PS3 for xmas :D

Clueless

I'll check 'em out. I have Assassin's Creed for PC, i'm about 1/2 way through, so when I finish that one I am definitely getting part 2, but I think I will try that one on the PS3.

One of my buddies plays Battlefield. Bad Company so I picked that up, haven't tried it yet though, I also bought Motor Storm Pacific Rift, just cuz it looked cool, lol.

First person shooters on a console have a learning curve to them. Specially if you are use to a mouse and keyboard.

One over the shoulder game that is very fun to play is Dead Space. If I want a shooter type...I have to go with a game like that. I am terrible at fps on consoles.

One of the most fun games to play is Little Big Planet! You will have a blast.

I know these technically are PS2 games, but:

GOD OF WAR COLLECTION

zomg amazing. They both look very very good with some of the hi-res visuals as well. Best $40 I've spent in a very long time.

(ok, so I totally missed playing them on the PS2 when they came out, but if you never played them, you need to buy the collection asap)

I will also give another +1 to the Assassin's Creed 2 suggestion. Great game.

Oooo OOoo my cousin (now roomate) got a PS3 for Christmas too!

While he's played 12 hours a day of Midnight Club since getting it I managed to squeeze in some time with AC2 and Uncharted 1...Uncharted is a blast! Got MSG4 too, played it for about 30 seconds (2 hours of actual gametime, the rest was cutscenes).

Not a huge fan of PSN so far though I have to say...no demos (or very few, I'm not buying a game no one has ever heard of without at least trying it out), it has some serious connection issues (pretty much only use of the built in browser is to diagnose and solve PSN errors) and it apparently hates my file network (while the 360 handles it fine).

My biggest complaint with PSN to this point is it looks/is laid out weird to me. Maybe it's just because I've been on Live for so long...

I did download the demo for Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time a few weeks ago, and it did seem like there were a good amount of demos available, they just seem to be poorly organized to me. :shrug03:

free > microsoft.

the ps3 is the first console i have owned since sega and i absolutely love it. The menu system could definitely be worked better, especially when dealing with friends menu for chat and things of the like. But blu-ray makes me happy period. And they have a few games coming out that will define this system, like the aforementioned GOD OF WAR 3. I bought the two disc set of I and II for my wife and she has been lost in the world of mythology since.

Depending what kind of genre you are into,

Little Big Planet - more fun than i expected. no one i know dislikes it.

MGS4 - great game, minus the 4 hours of video cut scenes every 10 minutes.

Assassin's creed - awesome fun, until the missions get repetitive. The 2nd installment has supposedly fixed this

GTA IV - who doesn't love stealing cars? Pretty decent storyline too.

Oblivion - i have only played maybe 15 hours of it, but it seems like it deserves a lot of the praise it got

I know you dislike fps on console, as I originally did, but codm2 is pretty good. I didnt want to get it but someone bought it for me and I ended up loving it. It is of course a much too short SP, but the MP is where its at.

MAG will redefine console gaming. It merges the mmo and fps genres fairly well in the sense of character development with massive online game play. 256 people = awesome. I am so getting this one.

plus, i need more friends on psn. mr_jiffeh, add me!

Demon's Souls...

Maybe the hardest game I've every played...

That game intrigues and frightens me all at the same time.

I'd consider picking it up if I didn't already know that Mass Effect 2 will be consuming my soul for the next month...

• 2 weeks later...