Clueless

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Alumni

=( I would love to go...but my job is so volatile in terms of schedule that it's so hard for me to actually plan anything.

Well, my wife doesn't play, we just buy both spots to support the cause, so her seat is kind of a buffer, so if you end up being able to come at the last minute and it's sold out, you can but her seat.

rofl, I see m0m has added himself...he's been around

and I'm very glad to see Lobo's name back on the list! Missed him last year at golf, that's for sure!

thx and pie may! all the oldies fessing up! where's magruter?

I was very sure I'll be going this year... but yesterday my car's "check engine" light came on... I got my oil changed and and tried to take it to AutoZone but their machine doesn't work on cars from 1995... but they work on 1996 cars (So dumb). I unplugged the car battery to reset the dummy light... hoping that the oil change would shut it up. (Don't laugh I don't know jack about cars) I mean my car isn't acting funny.

On my way home today from work the light came back on... so now my parent's friend is coming over to take a peek at my car. I REALLY don't want to buy a another car!

I was very sure I'll be going this year... but yesterday my car's "check engine" light came on... I got my oil changed and and tried to take it to AutoZone but their machine doesn't work on cars from 1995... but they work on 1996 cars (So dumb). I unplugged the car battery to reset the dummy light... hoping that the oil change would shut it up. (Don't laugh I don't know jack about cars) I mean my car isn't acting funny.

On my way home today from work the light came back on... so now my parent's friend is coming over to take a peek at my car. I REALLY don't want to buy a another car!

That light comes on if your gas cap is loose, just an FYI.

GC Alumni

Yeah, there are a million reasons that can come on, and many of them are no big deal.PM me details when you get them, include year, make, model and any codes that they can get out of it. A pre 95 GM car is easy to get codes if thats what you have...all you need is a paper clip :D

I'll help any way I can as far as info goes. I have access to all of the factory technical info.

In the meantime, i'll add you to the list.

GC Alumni

Yeah it freaks out me thinking that my car might be done for. I really don't want to get a new one any time soon. I drive a Corolla 95... it has like 187k+ miles on it. My parent's friend's machine said I had a bad EGR. Apparently I don't have to replace it. :shrug03:

Correct...it's an emission thing, won't cause you any trouble unless it stuck open, in which case, you would know because the car would run horribly, so yours is most likely just dead and not opening when it should. Even still, that part isn't that costly for that car.

So your car is safe, see you at FF10! :D

Yeah it freaks out me thinking that my car might be done for. I really don't want to get a new one any time soon. I drive a Corolla 95... it has like 187k+ miles on it. My parent's friend's machine said I had a bad EGR. Apparently I don't have to replace it. :shrug03:

Correct...it's an emission thing, won't cause you any trouble unless it stuck open, in which case, you would know because the car would run horribly, so yours is most likely just dead and not opening when it should. Even still, that part isn't that costly for that car.

... am i causing more pollution T_T

... am i causing more pollution T_T

Technically yes the car is causing more pollution so you should change it. However it's not like we are experiencing global warming.

O.K. Well my brother in-law is a great golfer. He would like to attend with me. What is the exact date for event? He does not have a cpu for gaming but we will share. Could we add him? Need to confirm date before adding to the list though.

GC Alumni

O.K. Well my brother in-law is a great golfer. He would like to attend with me. What is the exact date for event? He does not have a cpu for gaming but we will share. Could we add him? Need to confirm date before adding to the list though.

June 25th to June 27th