TF2 again?

JackieChan

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a thought. I'm kind of playing this game now since Nightling's buddy convinced me to. Since I don't see the game dying anytime soon, I could volunteer my time to run it if no other TF2 wizard would want to.

Not sure how anyone else would feel about it, do I threw a poll up to see what everyone else thoughts are on it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it hurt at all? I know we've have had a few tries for a TF2 server, but seeing how we're really only reaching out to one proud and true game group, we could try it again for a short period to see how it works out.

Again, it's all up to you guys.

wrong.

it's all up to you guys. (see FK's post)

:D

I'm willing to give it a shot.

It's alot of work, do you have the extra time? Just making sure before you commit yourself to the funny farm :)

Heh, I could try although I've never really done a whole lot with servers other than my L4D ones.

Doesn't matter, the nuts and bolts would be taken care of, your biggest task would be manning the server, getting it populated. Until it gets going, you could expect to have to idle in there to get people to join. You would also be responsible for making it a fun and welcoming place to play. Have you the time and desire to do this?

I'm willing to give it a shot.

It's alot of work, do you have the extra time? Just making sure before you commit yourself to the funny farm :)

Heh, I could try although I've never really done a whole lot with servers other than my L4D ones.

Doesn't matter, the nuts and bolts would be taken care of, your biggest task would be manning the server, getting it populated. Until it gets going, you could expect to have to idle in there to get people to join. You would also be responsible for making it a fun and welcoming place to play. Have you the time and desire to do this?

I could take my "doing nothing on my computer" time to try and idle/populate it. I'm sure the other TF2 players here wouldn't have a problem populating it with me. What kind of time commitment are we talking here? Because if I were to idle it say an hour or so a day and it never gets populated, would it already be in danger of getting axed?

As for getting it populated, I'd probably ask a couple friends of mine to hop in there with me and mess around until randoms show up. If it were up to me only, I'd have to depend on the other GCers who play TF2 to help me out as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be awesome to try this out and see where it goes, but I don't want it to be a miserable failure for like a month or whatever.

lol...no, nothing like that. I'm not so much asking because we want immediate results, it's more because we don't wanna open a new server with an absentee landlord. If you are in there everyday and slowly getting results, then that would be fine. It would however, get axed if it was empty 90% of the time and little effort was being spent to change it. Ok, seems like you are willing to take the plunge, lemme talk to the rest of the guys upstairs and hash some details and see if we can't give this a go.

Stay tuned...

I will be there. Again, its the only game I really play. There is a system to setup for members to get party hats or any other types of a in game bonus. It will boost players joining and would even boost membership.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/?query=LotusClan.com They give party hats to paying members and it is amazing how many people anti up 10 bucks a month for extras like that. And for those reasons...look at how many Full servers they have.

Join up and play one of the Lotus Clan servers and see the MOTD page. I think it would be a excellent model to work off of.

Anyway, you can count me in.