Team Fortress 2: Here we go again!

Flitterkill

JackieChan and Shazz swear they not only will play constantly on a GC-branded TF2 server, they claim they will build it up to be such a spectacularly successful TF2 server that Spring will arrive early on the East coast and that physics researchers will announce no fewer than 32 new particles from experiments run by the Large Hadron Collider.

I have my doubts about the early Spring though.

b_560x95.png

-Fk

I found out how another server I frequent on TF2 populates it's server:

Create a Public GC Member Account.

Create daily event reminders for Public Members at X:XX time to have people join the server.

Have 1 or 2 admins join everyday at this time along with Public Members.

Enjoy a full server.

Success.

I TF2 Nearly every day but usually on Trashed Gamers servers. Be more than happy to bring a server to life with any other person (it really just takes 2 and about half an hour). I was on our server today but didn't have admin though which may need to be addressed...

GC Alumni
(edited)

If anyone is a GC admin/member that plays TF2 that wants admin/reserves, throw me a message on steam.

It's been a bad weekend for gaming for me (weekends are usually bad). Hopefully I can get some TF2 in during the week.

Edited by JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...

Every GC admin should have admin rights on the server...put 'em all on there :)

Dunno if you have access to the admin list, but i'm sure we can get it on there.

Agreed, I may play more TF2 and be able to admin it....gets fustrating to try and build with only my socks on.

Schools T1(1st try):

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1349/internetj.jpg

My DSL(20th try):

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5834/internet2.jpg

I think, this worthy of being posted

EDIT:

It has come to my attention, that only people with T1 Service will be able to see it? How do I know. I took the photo at school, they use T1 Service.

I have yet to see it, while being at home.

EDIT 2:

Never mind, took 20! Tries to be able to see it, though I only searched once at school, so service does matter then.

Edited by ValenAlvern

when might it show on the master server list? I'd like to get a decent GC tf2 night going. maybe start one night a week with 6-8 community guys in hopes another 6-8 pubbers show up?

This was the problem the last time we tried to run a TF2 server. It did not show up on the master list and no matter how long we sat in it, no one would ever join.

I remember reading about a blog post awhile back about server rankings - the server list "weeds out" servers that never have players on or players that only stay for 2-3 minutes. The way to get more pubbers may be to just have GC players on for as long as possible as often as possible, and then pubbers will start trickling in.

• 3 weeks later...

So the TF2 Server is ranked 55th on the GameTracker, Since I dont own a server, and dont know how it works I want to assume, this means ALL TF2 servers. But even if it just ranks them on the site, it still doesnt matter, TF2 Ranked 55 is pretty good, so good job everyone.

EDIT: Ok I understand it now.. 1601th for TF2 servers, and I think 55th on the site, I could be wrong still, but oh well.

Edited by ValenAlvern

• 1 month later...

I'll join as often as is possible. I've often said that I'm more than happy to help the server go but I'm not so happy to sit in an empty server for hours hoping that someone else will join. Vali I'm sending you a friend invite so I can support you in this effort.

Ring