Weird DVD/Compy problem at work...

So... for the longest time I've watched DVD movies on my computer at work.

Dell Opti 755

ATI Radeon 2400 Pro out through a DMS-59 port into 2XDVI adapter to two Dell 2208WFP panels at 1680X1050 at 75Hz.

At some point, it just stopped working...

I've done a crapload of debugging, and to no avail. Different players, decoders, driver updates, DX9 updates...

I downloaded a trial of Corel WinDVD 2010 and it flashes a brief error about "your environment does not support protected blah blah"...

Some fragments on the web lead me to believe that maybe DVI into two monitors isn't supported by HDCP?

Anyone have known good configs like mine?

Funky, I never knew about dms ports - this is the first I heard of it.

1) What operating system? What service pack?

2) What are you using for dvd playback?

3) When was the "at some point it stopped working" bit - a month or two ago? A year ago?

4) All DVD's don't play or just some? If some, name a few of each that do and don't play.

-Fk

EDIT:

I just wanna know how you landed a sweet job that allows you to watch movies at work!

Academia = between meetings and teaching sit in your office and write/grade for hours on end. For background ambiance while doing these things choose one of the following:

Movie

Music

Radio

Work/Study Students cavorting about for your amusement

Funky, I never knew about dms ports - this is the first I heard of it.

1) What operating system? What service pack?

2) What are you using for dvd playback?

3) When was the "at some point it stopped working" bit - a month or two ago? A year ago?

4) All DVD's don't play or just some? If some, name a few of each that do and don't play.

-Fk

Windows XP, presumably latest service pack (college/windows update pushes all updates out in real time).

Have tried Cyberlink, WinDVD and VLC.

No known working DVDs.

Honestly don't recall when exactly it stopped, other than after last summer, when I came back for the fall semester. Only try to trouble shoot every couple of months, really.

EDIT:

I just wanna know how you landed a sweet job that allows you to watch movies at work!

Academia = between meetings and teaching sit in your office and write/grade for hours on end. For background ambiance while doing these things choose one of the following:

Movie

Music

Radio

Work/Study Students cavorting about for your amusement

All this can be yours for 11 years of college and 25 years of school loan payments. :/

Edited by Shropshire Slasher

(college/windows update pushes all updates out in real time).

Is this a personal machine or a uni-provided box? If the latter, put those on-campus support lackeys to work.

-Fk

Yeah work.

Work Order Submitted via Webform:

Computer Name: Optiplex755 XXXX

Description of Problem:

Can't play my Futurama DVDs during work hours. Fix NAO. kthnx.

hmmmmmmm...

Yeah work.

Work Order Submitted via Webform:

Computer Name: Optiplex755 XXXX

Description of Problem:

Can't play my Futurama DVDs during work hours. Fix NAO. kthnx.

hmmmmmmm...

I really hope you actually submitted that...it might actually stop a volunteer IT student from flinging himself from the top of a building over all the other inane requests they must get every 30 seconds