Superbowl Food

mookie

Planning to make gumbo w/ shrimp and polska kielbasa. What're you all having?

Gumbo? Didn't know people even knew what that was outside of the deep south...I didn't, lol. If you're making gumbo, that must mean you are rooting for the Saints right? :D

Nothing really, but would like to add: Thursday evening provisioning before the storm hit? The other thing on people's minds was the Superbowl and "we aren't going to get to the stores again until Sunday late morning at best..."

You can imagine the carnage that was the store shelves.

-Fk

GC Alumni

Planning to make gumbo w/ shrimp and polska kielbasa. What're you all having?

Gumbo? Didn't know people even knew what that was outside of the deep south...I didn't, lol. If you're making gumbo, that must mean you are rooting for the Saints right? :D

Can't go for the Colts, plus I like the Saints to win anyway because of takeaways.

I mentioned to a guy I work with that I couldn't find filé powder anywhere and had to order some online; he'd never heard of it. Then he started asking other people if they had, no hits so far. I think most people do know what gumbo is, although to a lot of people it might just mean a spicy sausage and rice soup.

There's nothing quite like the smell of celery in a dark roux.