2010 Olympics

mookie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the hockey, there are a ton of really great teams this time around :) Gonna be awesome. Only downside is that I can't go to any Ranger games during the Olympic break, might be a good thing though to let the other who didn't make it rest ;x

USA, Sweden, Finland, Canada, Russia, Czech Republic and Slovakia all have really strong teams. I want either USA or Sweden to win :)

Probably a selection of things, I know my wife will want to watch the figure skating, I'll be holding out for the giant slalom, bobsleigh and downhill.

If anyone's interested there is a brief slide show at CIO.com of the TOC (technology operations center) my company puts together and runs for the Olympics.

Edited by Leveller

I'll be watching it ALL, I have nothing else to do right now.. I hope we don't see any decapitations this time on the bobsled.

Whats the event called with cross country skiing with guns?

I also like the ski jumping.. What was the polish kids name last time, they called him Batman..

I'm torn on whether to root for the US of Canada for hockey, seeing as half of the Blackhawks are on the Canadian team...

I'm so looking forward to a really game of hockey... Canada vs. USA . Ps Females on the Canadian Team.. it will not be an eazy 18 - 0 but more like 6-4 or 8 - 5 or 7 -5. But for the male team.. wow.. I can't even guess... Overtime I believe..

GC Alumni

I'm torn on whether to root for the US of Canada for hockey, seeing as half of the Blackhawks are on the Canadian team...

I'm so looking forward to a really game of hockey... Canada vs. USA . Ps Females on the Canadian Team.. it will not be an eazy 18 - 0 but more like 6-4 or 8 - 5 or 7 -5. But for the male team.. wow.. I can't even guess... Overtime I believe..

That should be an interesting game. I don't know about you, but I don't like the way the scores have been running up for either team.

Hiller did an awesome job for Switzerland tonight. GJ Crosby for getting the shootout goal to win 3-2. Canada just couldnt finish much that game - kept missing the puck by JUST a little bit, etc. Oh well, good game. They're gonna have to play much better to beat USA though.

Hiller did an awesome job for Switzerland tonight. GJ Crosby for getting the shootout goal to win 3-2. Canada just couldnt finish much that game - kept missing the puck by JUST a little bit, etc. Oh well, good game. They're gonna have to play much better to beat USA though.

Hiller was a freaking animal that game.. a shootout was too close for comfort tho

Hiller was a freaking animal that game.. a shootout was too close for comfort tho

Agreed Hiller played very well. Brodeur had some great stops too. Shootout was intense. I was surprised at Team Canada's performance for the shootout. I expected more from Crosby's first run as well as Toews and Getzlaf. I dont know if it was the pressure that got to them but i've seen them perform way better in shootouts.

Agreed Hiller played very well. Brodeur had some great stops too. Shootout was intense. I was surprised at Team Canada's performance for the shootout. I expected more from Crosby's first run as well as Toews and Getzlaf. I dont know if it was the pressure that got to them but i've seen them perform way better in shootouts.

Yeah, exactly. I was really surprised when Crosby missed his first one. After the second his face sort of looked like, "THAT'S what I meant to do the first time!" Definitely a nail-biter!

Sunday's game should be a good one!!!

Edited by dragonfly