Best place to buy Win7?

Clueless

Anybody have any super, "in the know" places to buy Windows 7 for a good price?

I'm thinking about Professional, don't think I need Ultimate, unless there is some reason I am not thinking of right now....not sure but, regular old Home Premium may even get the job done for me, but 20 bucks extra for Pro seems like a no brainer.

What say you?

Unless you have a student account, price will not vary if at all... You can always get the OEM version, same thing, just no box, and no manual... but do you really need those? Ultimate has nothing better in it that you will use. I have Vista Ult on my laptop, I now know it was pretty much a waste.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832116754

If you or someone you know is in college and has a .edu email addy you can use then you can get a copy for $65. http://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=AddItemToRequisition&SiteID=msshus&Locale=en_US&productID=161679100&quantity=1

Buy them lunch and you still come out ahead (plus then you are no longer hungry too)

Edited by Preacher

according to my friend, not completely sure how true this is. he said that the copy of Windows 7 that the school provides me can used by 10 computers at the same time. ... i'll "loan" my .edu email for a small fee if you would like a cheaper windows 7 copy just send me a pm.

mmmm yes student discount = free running windows 7 x64 and loving it!

Demoner, where did you get it for free? My sister is in college and said I could have her copy.. All I can find is a discounted price for students..

tell her to search msdnaa on her school's website. should be able to find it there. i could be wrong though cause my school is kinda of a nerd/engineering school so if its a liberal arts maybe not the case

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late here, didnt read all the posts, and this may have been brought up, but anyway, I bought Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit for $7. I got my gf to buy it at her student bookstore at her University since she got the student price and she would never be using it. So if you know any college students who wont be needing it, i suggest getting them to buy it for you, oh and also MS Office cuz I got 2007 from her for like $14 last year too.

Also, to clarify i actually got the discs and not just a key, and i never needed to use some .edu email address. Students just show their ID and got the student pice at the bookstore. Batman if you know anyone at UC, that's where i got it.

Edited by samurai nightling