God of War 3

NorgmaN

My PS3 isn't fat! It's got a thyroid problem.

Incidentally, that outage affects me, but not because I was playing games - I was trying to stream movies on Netflix. Those episodes of Heroes aren't going to watch themselves.

Not to totally change my own subject... But I actually ordered netfilx on Saturday.. 2 week free trial, and have the disk on the way, should be here Tuesday. Just wondering what people think about the service. I figured if I didn't like it I can always cancel it.. $10 isn't a huge deal to waste.

i just got it a few months back. i love it. i really dont know why it took this long to get to be honest.

i havent had cable for over a year now and havent really missed it too much. the movie catalog, instant availability lists are pretty darn good too.

def worth it imo, especially if you stream or use the disc with ps3.

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid Sony.. I'm going to have to rent a console and the game.. can't justify buying PS3 for gow3 alone :(

Buy eeeet! There's so much more to it than just GOW3!!

For the record, I picked up my copy on Tuesday, but since I'm too much of a completist (real word, I swear) and I had started a GOW2 playthrough on God mode last weekend, it has sat on my shelf while I wrap up my GOW2 playthrough. It's killing me.

I've played the crap out of it since Saturday evening and am probably 2/3 the way through it right now. I started out on Hard (Titan mode), so I've had to replay a few sections a number or times (particularly a very tough boss battle). If you're a GOW1&2 pro, then I recommend the challenge.

Impressions? Whole thing has been f****** EPIC. Amazing set pieces, atmosphere, camera angles, you name it. I love the way the combat feels familiar but fresh at the same time. They reworked the item/weapon/magic system and it is much faster paced and easier to switch on the fly. Some of the "special" kills are absolutely brutal and make GOW1 look like a PG movie and GOW2 PG13.

If you have a PS3, BUY THIS GAME. If you have a PS3 but haven't played any God of War before, buy the God of War Collection, play the first two, then buy this game.

MUST. PLAY.