Changing the map cycle

san`

GC Alumni
(edited)

Alright everybody, here goes. I'm going to be doing some changing of the Retro map cycle. I'll take the first 20 maps to get listed and make a poll.

After 5 days (in the future it'll be the end of the month) the poll will be closed, and the top 10 maps will become the new rotation.

This will be a monthly thing. I'll post a new topic in the middle of the month, and at the end of the month the rotation will change. If the same maps get voted in month after month, then maybe we'll only keep the top 5 from the previous month. I will fine tune the process as it goes along.

So, let's open the flood gates and get a vote going!

Next month map suggestions will be limited to four two per person. And, read people! No need to duplicate!

1. de_cpl_mill

2. de_piranesi

3. de_russka

4. de_dust2

5. de_train

6. cs_office

7. de_cbble

8. cs_militia

9. cs_assault

10. de_dust

11. de_cpl_fire

12. cs_compound or something

13. de_vegas_css

14. de_nightfever

15. de_dust2_mariostyle

16. de_museum_beta1

17. de_scud

18. de_rotterdam

19. de_losttemple_pro

20. de_season

Edited by san`
That's all folks

i remember the days when we actually played most maps, even ones like train etc. Those were the more fun days, now it seems everyone only wants the "scrimming" maps and nothing else. Well i say we play some of the less popular maps that used to be played more. When i figure out what maps those are, ill let you know lol. The ones that are so called one-sided were sometimes the most fun if people actually took the initiative to switch sides to even it out. I liked the difficulty of being on the hard side and trying to infiltrate somewhere, kinda like cs_assault.

de_train x

de_piranesi x

cs_militia?? x

cs_assault x

de_dust x

de_dust2 x

de_cpl_fire x

and any other less played ones. yes i know i threw dust2 in there, but thats a required map no matter what gets voted :P

heck people will hate me but im gonna throw out de_port and de_tides in there too. start the arguing. oh and whats the one with the really high smoke stack? its a hostage rescue map, and people mostly snipe. cant remember the name of it... cs_compound or something? xx

Edited by san`
x'ed

(edited)

A lot of good maps left out, and a few quite frankly terrible "pub" maps are in.

Good pub maps missing:

de_season x

de_contra - Not in list

de_nuke - Not in list

de_prodigy - Not in list

de_inferno - Not in list

de_cpl_strike - Not in list

Maps that are better than say assault:

de_siege - Not in list

de_tuscan - Not in list

I will continue to think about more lol

Edited by san`
adsfaewrasdf

GC Alumni

I can't believe you're going to make me scroll up and down and up and down to check your list to the one I've started. Thanks gl...

Nevermind, it was easier than I thought. I picked de_season since it's the first one you listed.