Dominoes New Recipe

Flitterkill

1) Crust

Before: Cardboard

Now: Lighter, chewier, edges dusted with breadstick cheese/spices

Cold the day after: Identical to fresh, just room temperature

2) Sauce

Before: Too sweet and bland

Now: Nowhere near as sweet. Not much of it though.

Cold the day after: Identical to fresh, just room temperature.

Toppings still the meager standard pizza franchise amount.

Much better than before, a step up from Little Caesars, though for $2 more per on average.

Yeah, we tried it too, and it was much better than before, but then again, that isn't saying much. Kinda tasted like they just threw a bunch of spices at it to mask the lack of flavor. Good attempt, but still pretty obvious that you are eating fast food franchise pizza.

just got beat up by my own "extra sauce" scheme. speaking from experience, it's better to have too little than too much.

but man, the crust is good tonight.

60% of the time, i have no idea what you are talking about or trying to say

Now, its Cardboard made from recycled sugar, is it really a step up? =P, personally Little Cesars(sp?) is the best pizza palor around, they're the "Party Pizza Place" since its dirt cheap. 2 Large for 12$ or something where I am. Pizza Hut > Papa Johns > Papa Murphy's > Little Cesers(sp?) > Local/Generic Pizza parlors > Dominos. Best to Worst

just got beat up by my own "extra sauce" scheme. speaking from experience, it's better to have too little than too much.

but man, the crust is good tonight.

60% of the time, i have no idea what you are talking about or trying to say

u r good w/ #'s.

Now, its Cardboard made from recycled sugar, is it really a step up? =P, personally Little Cesars(sp?) is the best pizza palor around, they're the "Party Pizza Place" since its dirt cheap. 2 Large for 12$ or something where I am. Pizza Hut > Papa Johns > Papa Murphy's > Little Cesers(sp?) > Local/Generic Pizza parlors > Dominos. Best to Worst

It's sad to imagine a place where non-chain pizza ranks so close to the bottom. Although maybe your compass is just a little off (Pizza Hut is the best around?).

GC Board Member

Well, local pizza can suck too (trust me, I live in Harrisonburg. There is a reason my one and only post about pizza has involved the names LC and D's...)

Val, LC still beats Domino's on price but if you haven't at least tried the new D's yet, you should. The crust easily beats LC now. The Hut is substantial but awfully greasy.

The best pizza is the ones you roll your self. Deep and thin can be accomplished rather well in an oven. Very Thr nite I'm on the hook for producing one or the other. Real ex-virgin olive oil, real fresh basil, etc. Makes a difference.

NOTE: Bloomington, IN: Aver's Pizza. Esp their specialty ones. All win.

Well, local pizza can suck too (trust me, I live in Harrisonburg. There is a reason my one and only post about pizza has involved the names LC and D's...)

Val, LC still beats Domino's on price but if you haven't at least tried the new D's yet, you should. The crust easily beats LC now. The Hut is substantial but awfully greasy.

The best pizza is the ones you roll your self. Deep and thin can be accomplished rather well in an oven. Very Thr nite I'm on the hook for producing one or the other. Real ex-virgin olive oil, real fresh basil, etc. Makes a difference.

NOTE: Bloomington, IN: Aver's Pizza. Esp their specialty ones. All win.

All Mian Pizza Chains (Excluding LC since I dont count it as one) sell 1 Large One Topping for 10$, LC is 2 Large One Topping for 12$, though could be the one near me. Pizza Hut near me, doesnt making it greasy, it's less greasy then Papa John's.

Yea, I know homemade pizza is the best, I make my own too.

EDIT: Though I think only prices would vary, eventhough you have different people, I felt little change from getting Pizza in MN, to getting Pizza in AZ.

Edited by ValenAlvern

(edited)

Domino's new pizza = big win for me. Major improvements, and definitely beats Papa John's and Pizza Hut in my book.

If I could have any pizza from anywhere though? Definitely Gino's East off of Michigan Ave in Chicago. Haven't had it for nearly three years at my bachelor party and am going through withdrawal...

Edited by boiler

If I could have any pizza from anywhere though? Definitely Gino's East off of Michigan Ave in Chicago.

<3

Gino's East is only 1 of many great places to get pizza around Chicago. My other favorites include Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, & Nancy's.

If I could have any pizza from anywhere though? Definitely Gino's East off of Michigan Ave in Chicago. Haven't had it for nearly three years at my bachelor party and am going through withdrawal...

I believe that is on Superior next to the Affinia Chicago Hotel.

I had intended to try out Great Lake in Andersonville this week, but that will have to wait for another trip.

I believe that is on Superior next to the Affinia Chicago Hotel.

that's the one. there are other gino's, but east on superior is the win.

Ginos East rules. Dominos and Papa John's is about the same - slightly below average. Pizza hut is like grease-soaked carboard.

I think we have it good here in Chicago though. I didn't know how good until we started checking pizza joints on vacations. I think the worst was California. The pizza was so far from good, it was like if aliens intercepted a tv commercial for pizza and tried to make it without ever tasting it. "Let's put avocado and cucumber on it and remove the cheese!" What?

And for the best of the best around here:

Ginos East

Lou Malanati's

Little Italian