After 8 years....

ZeroDamage

I've been using Firefox as my primary browser since before it was called Firefox. I think back then, it was called Mozilla. I've grown irritated with Firefox the last few months. Issues with it freezing up or crashing, etc. Yes, I will miss noscript and a couple of other extensions but the rest of my extensions are available on Chrome which I am using now. It is seemingly 10x faster when loading up websites among other things. The really really really important extensions still work on Chrome and it has native built-in support for Greasemonkey scripts such as those found on userscripts.org. I will report back later if I find myself irritated with Chrome so much that I go back to Firefox or go with Opera for a while.

I don't know what your experience with Chrome will be but for me it's been a mixed bag. It's quick, and the interface is good. On the other hand, sometimes when it gets going on something, it hangs my entire machine until it's done. Sometimes, when I've been off a tab for a long time and go back to it, it takes a good 3 or 4 seconds to redraw, which is generally much slower than it took to load the page from the Internet in the first place.

I got it it when it first came out and it was a little buggy and didn't render everything correctly. I briefly switched back to firefox and shortly after I went back to chrome and it was alot better. I've probably been using it over a year now and I would never go back to firefox. Firefox has become a dog and takes forever to load. Chrome is snappy and much faster.

And the first release was called firebird, which I can slightly remember using.