Other PC Games

Windex

I'm pretty ADD so I need the fast paced style games, RPG's don't usually go over too well for me, Even Assassins Creed was too slow for me :-\

So you woulda liked (or did like?) UT - which, if I had loaded on my PC, I would be playing. I havent been playing anything lately. Just horde once every week or two with a friend.

Have there been any games as fast as UT since 2k4? Everything else still seems sluggish to me.

Yeah, it's true. I miss those days.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't believe I've ever played ut2k4? I know I played one of the UT games just don't remember which

Really? Dang, you missed out.

I've been playing FPS games since Wolfenstein 3D, and UT2k4 is the game I compare all others to. It's that good.

What do you consider to be a "fast" game?

Well My FPS days are deep rooted, Doom Dial-up DM, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Quake, Hexen, Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena, Quake Fortress, HL DM, TF, CS, etc I thought Q3A was the fastest of them all, and I used to be pretty lethal in it, probably not anymore though, might install it tonight and see if anyone still plays haha

In my opinion, UT2k4 was by far the best fps game to play. great game play simple weapon usage and fun vehicles. UT3 was a a huge disappointment and an utter train wreck in my opinion. COD4 MW1 is still, I think, the CSS alternative. MW2 is fun but without dedicated servers it has ruined what could have been a fantastic sequel to the COD games.

RPG's have fallen short since Journeyman Project, however, I did like Fall Out 3 but all the running around was a a bit boring after a while. Currently playing COD4 MW1 and MW2 but that's about it. Re-installed Half Life 2 but got bored with it so there it sits for now. Would play a little UT2k4 if people would like to get together in the GC server if its still running.

Finished BioShock 2. Beautiful game. Good story, fun play, great ending, plenty of interesting playtime. Big thumbs up on that one for SP.

Just bought Metro2033. Looks to be a great game but kinda short (10-20 hours). Will let you all know.

Might pickup DragonAge before too long.

I played BioShock for Xbox and apparently there is native support for the xbox controller on PC version of Bio-Shock 2 so I might try that out... I was a little disappointed with the ending of the first though

Q3A was the be-all end-all for me. I was really good at it... Then I tried it again years later... and SUCKED! I played that free online version of it for a bit too. Was fun, but not like I remember it.

Hey- anyone have a recommendation for me? I play two types.. group shooters that I play on the monitors with headphones, or the big pretty SP types that I play on the 50" and the wife likes to watch. We need a new "big" one. For comparison.. our favorites to date have been Fallout3, Bioshock 1 and 2, couple of Stalkers (Call of Pripyat we just beat) and are playing Metro 2033 right now.

We were thinking of Dragon Age, but we're not too sure about the 3rd person aspect of it yet.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Laz.e.rus

(edited)

I think we should get some Q3 Going but Q3 is cheap and something we can all get down on :)

http://www.quakeunity.com/file=1150 - Patch to Upgrade

Also this used to be a mod for q3 but thanks to open source development it's now free! I recommend checking it out, I'm gunna hop on tonight. I used to play this while it was a quake mod

http://www.urbanterror.info/

Edited by Windex

tried Mass Effect 2. Bored the snot out of us. Looks like something Id play on my old Sega Genesis.

Gonna check out Dark Siders.

You guys that have played it, think Ill like Dragon Age considering what I posted above?

I also enjoyed Oblivion back in the day....but that was first person too.