Can't give up!

Windex

As some of you know, I'm involved/interested in Parkour and Free-running. Last summer I started work with my friend Matt on building the nations first Parkour/Free-running Gym/Training Center. 1000$ later we had a good start. Matt's boss let us use the 3rd floor of an old industrial building he owned to get us started (Free electric/utilities but no heat or AC either).

gym.jpg

openarea.jpg

swift.jpg

office.jpg

Sometime in November he decided to lease it out to an office furniture company and down came all of our obstacles and hard work we put into the place. I almost cried.. Seriously.. haha

I've been in financial hell due to my previous job screwing me over.. thanks to them I'm out $3,900.00 so needless to say leasing a new space for the gym wasn't in the budget. Paying the late house/car payments was the priority. So I'm not without a gym and set further back than I planned.

Then I had an Idea! I saw a while back MTV had an Ultimate Parkour Challenge TV show. The gears started turning. I figured with shows like "Made" "Fantasy Factory" "My Sweet 16" etc that I'd e-mail one of the exec's behind the Parkour Challenge and Pitch them an Idea.. Granted finding the exec's e-mail was a pain in the behind I managed to dig my way through the crap and reach who I was looking for. Turns out he wasn't the right person but he responded with 30 minutes of seeing my e-mail and wrote me back as well as gave me the contact info for the woman I needed to speak with and also copied her on the e-mail. With any luck they'll give me a call if they like my Pitch. Wish me Luck!

*THE PITCH: (Brief version) A follow up special/series on the Parkour Challenge Themed around building the first legitimate Parkour Gym in the United States. (Denmark just spent 1 Mil on an outdoor park!) See Jiyo Park for more info - The finale to the show would be the next Ultimate Parkour Challenge and be held at the Gym/Training Facility. - The nearest Parkour specific gym is MonkeyVault in Toronto and is extremely small.

Monkey Vault although small attracts a lot of big name international tracuers (parkour practitioner) Which means if my gym is as diverse and nice as I want it people will travel from all over to appear on the show and also train on the gym. Reward for winning the challenge? A on-site apartment and help me run the gym. Plus MTV Prize

The extremely quick follow-up along with being put in contact with the correct people gives me high hopes of this becoming a reality!

(edited)

The only parts I have left from it are the crash mat and the inward ladder climber that I built :( Gotta rebuild a lot!

Oh and that smaller vault box

*Mav - Donations are kindly accepted, all money orders can be made out to Matt Peveley PO Box.. lol

Edited by Windex