Dead Space 2

ZeroDamage

This makes me want to go play the first one again, loved that game. :wiggle2:

Hope they can keep the same atmospheric creepy feeling they had in the first!

They actually are going to pace it out a bit. From an article I read, a lot of people had issues with the flow of the game which was none stop anxiety and tension. The designers said they are going to make it so you are at first under powered and terrified, then you slowly get better weapons and then you go through a phase of kicking major butt. Then new monsters and you end up weak and pathetic again.

This makes me want to go play the first one again, loved that game. :wiggle2:

Hope they can keep the same atmospheric creepy feeling they had in the first!

They actually are going to pace it out a bit. From an article I read, a lot of people had issues with the flow of the game which was none stop anxiety and tension. The designers said they are going to make it so you are at first under powered and terrified, then you slowly get better weapons and then you go through a phase of kicking major butt. Then new monsters and you end up weak and pathetic again.

That's a bummer, that's one of the things I liked about the first game. You never really felt safe and anything could jump out and grab you at any moment.

I NEVER felt safe when playing it the first time. Even in the most pristine and well-lit spaces!

It was quite a rush, but I usually only played it in 1-2 hour sittings then had to put it down.

Same thing. My brother got it for PS3 and I told him he needed to get some good headphones for his system to really appreciate the game's atmosphere. Anyone remember the part of the ship with the forest or whatever it was. HOLY CRAP the sounds on that level alone left the hair standing on the back of my neck.

• 4 weeks later...