Red Dead Redemption

anonymo

So I don't really play vidya games much anymore but I've been excited about RDR for a looooong time, planning on picking it up next week, anyone else? Which console should I get it for? I'm leaning towards the PS3 just because my 360 could crap out at anytime (haven't turned it on since Christmas) and I would need a wi-fi adapter to get it online.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am strongly considering getting it (if I can tear myself away from DA:O). Probably would be for 360 though, I haven't really played it in a while and need to give it some love.

Are there co-op opportunities or something? If I wouldn't be playing it with anyone then I probably won't stress over which system to get it for.

I am strongly considering getting it (if I can tear myself away from DA:O). Probably would be for 360 though, I haven't really played it in a while and need to give it some love.

Are there co-op opportunities or something? If I wouldn't be playing it with anyone then I probably won't stress over which system to get it for.

I don't know actually, I haven't seen anything about it...just the online portions which I'm not totally interested in. I know there's 16 player free roam so it might be like GTA:IV was, which isn't a bad thing I don't think.

btw the map is apparently 4 times the size of GTA:IV and twice the size of GTA:SA...and there's a possibility you will be able to lasso bears

I'm waiting for final reviews to come in to decide which system I will get it for. If it runs (and looks) better on 360, then I'm going that route. All things equal, I might go with PS3, especially if more community folks are leaning that way too.

Just decided I'm getting this for PS3. I'm going to miss achievements, but if the multiplayer free-roam is half as good as the reviews are indicating, I would regret not getting it on the system that others I know are choosing. I like my 360 controller better, but I can cope.

The PS3 has something called "trophies" for a lot of games, just like "achievements" for the 360. Did you read something about no trophies in RDR?

No, I know all about trophies. The problem is I had a slight addiction to the gamerscore thing, and trophies just don't quite fill the void.

I know it's stupid, but I'll get over it. I 1000'd Mass Effect 2 and haven't touched my 360 after that, so I was looking to hop back on it.

Ugh...worst thing about buying it at lunch is having to work a few more hours before getting to play it...

I'll be playing with my my cousin mostly this week so I doubt I'll get much mp in, maybe some this weekend

Got a few hours in yesterday, very fun so far. I would be down for a GC posse at some point, although will have to arrange a headset of some kind. Haven't played online with my PS3 at all yet.

boiler_12 is my, um, gamertag? what does sony call it?