Red Dead Redemption

anonymo

Got a few hours in yesterday, very fun so far. I would be down for a GC posse at some point, although will have to arrange a headset of some kind. Haven't played online with my PS3 at all yet.

boiler_12 is my, um, gamertag? what does sony call it?

Just about any bluetooth headset should work

I got mauled by a cougar...and I'm not talking about my weekend

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mauled by a cougar...and I'm not talking about my weekend

I had an obscure joke for this, but thought better of it.

Only died a couple of times from riding my horse off the side of a cliff accidentally. Haven't seen any large wild animals yet, though have broken a couple of horses, shot a few coyotes and deer at full gallop, and crushing a gang of baddies in a town in 4 seconds with dead-eye.

Awesome.

I am just about to head into mexico in the SP and ding 15 in MP.

gold rush is quite fun, free roam can be amusing, and a few of the other modes are actually enjoyable if the team works together.

posse up!

It is a rock star game, so that should explain a lot there.

The side missions are of a certain set, with some really random ones thrown in there that cut scenes make worth while. The writing of the game is quite good and often times amusing/realistic conversations. The main story line is somewhat predictable, but the game play definitely makes up for it with excitement.

multi-player is fun, I am unsure if the free roam mode is based off internet matching and only a handful are in your session at once? But the actual game types of gold rush, gang matches, etc. are quite enjoyable.

con? it is quite a large area. so be prepared to ride your horse, everywhere. They have stagecoaches which are the equivalent of taxi's, but can be pricey until your honor increases. ( this con might actually be a pro... beautiful world, with lots to see )

I toyed with buying it for 360, but no other xbots spoke up, so I think most of us are on the PS3 with this.

On a side note, didn't get to play at all this weekend since I was out of town. I'm jonesin' bad, man!

I've been looking at this,but would like to know more about it.are you guys happy with it?pro's and con's?

This game is so glitchy! but it still manages to be fun! kinda expectant for a GTA-ish game to be glitchy so it only bothered me a little. Like you get stuck on people. or like this time I was riding shotgun in a cart and killed another guy in a cart in front of me and the NPC wouldn't drive around and was driving into it.... i tried to get out and move the other cart but it wouldn't give me to option to drive it. I ended up running away from the mission to restart it.

Cougar Man!! :biglaugha:

Honestly, I haven't run into any big glitches yet (just got to Mexico last night, you might be farther than I am). Still having a blast, and really enjoy the random encounters while crossing the countryside. I do, however, want to punch that stupid reporter in the face. Also, have yet to see a cougar. Where all my cougars at??

(edited)

I've seen a bunch of glitches too. Nothing as crazy as bird people, but like people that are on paths that clearly should be riding horses, just running at full speed on the paths. Or people walking in place and not moving.

Then there is all the stuff like Ebil was saying, getting stuck on every wall, box, and person because your guys has to have some weird animation to get by and around stuff. And the cover system which hardly works indoors and some doors you can peak around but can't even shoot. Or the classic being behind cover at a door and someone is shooting at you from an angle and you can't aim at them because if you do, you are staring at the wall.

Edit: Cougars are in the New Austin area. If you haven't haven't seem them yet, you are lucky!

Edited by VooDooPC

There is also cougars in Mexico, unless he glitched just to chase me.

I have only had like 2 video glitches, one requiring a mission restart, but overall not bad.

I just got to blackwater after the main mexico mission. The story is fairly good, be prepared for lots and lots of riding back and forth in mexico though.

Don't be too eager to finish the main story line like me...it now means I have to go back and pick plants on sw mexico when I am on my home ranch in the NE of America. sigh....

20+ hours of gameplay, only 77.5% done. main story complete. Now I am doing random farm missions with my son, lol.

I finished the entire SP story and am only 80% done.

wow, what an epic ending. very fun game. Now I have to go back and do all the damn challenges....stupid plants in nosilida!

i hit lvl 27 in MP, and am having a pretty good time. We need to posse up and start knocking out those challenges. Some are quite amusing.

Just finished it now. Pretty fun game although the single player seemed short to me although I put like 20 hours or so into it. GTA IV seemed to be a lot longer than this one. Think it took me almost double the time to beat GTA.

End Game (post credits) Spoiler:

Kind of anti-climatic ending to me... During the last shootout after fending off all the soldiers, I shot the government guy, like 3 times in the face, then during that cutscene, he's alive again. It's nice that you're able to do that side-mission to get your revenge as the son, but the whole a duel isn't what I would have done.