World Cup?

Playaa

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in this community for not even DISCUSSING the World Cup.

It started 45 minutes ago!!!!!!

Start talking.

The last World Cup final had 751.2 MILLION people watching it last time.

Edited by Flitterkill

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in this community for not even DISCUSSING the World Cup.

Start talking.

I'm heading to my nearest pub (The Londoner) tomorrow at 1 to watch the England vs. USA game with several other Brits. Actually the pub was offering free drinks to any Americans who wanted to attend as they expect it's going to end up being exclusively Brits in attendance even though the pub backs onto the FC Dallas site....

Wait, you are in South Africa mohawk?

That first game was actually REALLY good. Mexico should have won (the first goal disallowed) but they didn't DESERVE to win.

What about Cuahatmec Blanco? He looked like some guy who won a competition to let him play with professionals. I'm sure that he has quality and has been very good in the past...but MAN is he well past his prime.

Start talking.

I'm heading to my nearest pub (The Londoner) tomorrow at 1 to watch the England vs. USA game with several other Brits. Actually the pub was offering free drinks to any Americans who wanted to attend as they expect it's going to end up being exclusively Brits in attendance even though the pub backs onto the FC Dallas site....

My boss is actually British and when we came to our new building, he bought a 50 inch plasma to make sure we could watch any games in the office.

:)

That first game was actually REALLY good. Mexico should have won (the first goal disallowed) but they didn't DESERVE to win.

What about Cuahatmec Blanco? He looked like some guy who won a competition to let him play with professionals. I'm sure that he has quality and has been very good in the past...but MAN is he well past his prime.

no, i was referring to the blackhawks parade..

the rule for offsides involves 2 opponents.. with the goalie typically counting as 1 of the 2.. when he went out to make a play for the ball, it left only 1 defender holding the mexican player onside, thus the offsides was the right call..

I'd still take Blanco off the bench in a close match.. we played against him a couple years ago when he was like 35 and he was still a threatening player

My brother-in-law is cheering on Germany. He's obsessed with everything Germany. Hopefully this will get him big in to the sport and I'll finally have someone to watch games with!

Mohawk, I always forget which team you play for but aren't you in the USL? First Division?

I actually go to church with a guy named Tommy Heinemann that plays for the Charleston Battery. Ever played against them? I have no idea if he's a good player or not. :P

My brother-in-law is cheering on Germany. He's obsessed with everything Germany. Hopefully this will get him big in to the sport and I'll finally have someone to watch games with!

Mohawk, I always forget which team you play for but aren't you in the USL? First Division?

I actually go to church with a guy named Tommy Heinemann that plays for the Charleston Battery. Ever played against them? I have no idea if he's a good player or not. :P

small world.. yeah, I know Tommy.. He actually played for us on loan a couple years ago (when Harrisburg and Charlestown used to be in different divisions) during one of our long road legs down south.

Actually it was the right call.

I'm rooting for Netherlands :)

Oranje oranje oranje!

Edit: I guess it's too late to get a player pool started as no one will choose a frenchman.. That's too bad.

Edited by Tristan

• 2 weeks later...