My new Rig

Preacher

Well last year I sold my gaming Rig to [VI] Hailfire and took a little time off of gaming in general. My withdrawal symptoms became to much, however so I built a pretty nice rig.

I decided to go with a socket 775 system due to a bundle package that got me a nice mobo, cpu, cooler, RAM and case for $200

Mobo: Gigabyte G41m-es2l

CPU I got an E3300 duelcore wolfdale with it but for my b-day I got the Core 2 Extreme QX9650 quad core 3ghz :)

Thermaltake V1 Max-Performance CPU Cooler

4GB of Gskill RAM DDR2 800 (plan to upgrade to 8gb soon (2x4gb)

GTX260 EVGA video card

Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA hard drive

650watt hec PS

2x Lite-on DVD-RW drives

Put it all in this really cool looking HEC case

I play on my Dynex 32" HDMI TV

Sill using my G-5 mouse and a multimedia E-machines keyboard

Anyway decided to play with Overclocking for the first time in a few years and I have it running really steady at 4ghz by just changing the multipliers.

BTW if anyone wants the E3300 I'll sell it to ya for $30 shipped (inside the US) comes with intel cooler and only used it for about 3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just bought the whole STALKER series and Bioshock 2 on STEAM last week. CSS has lost a lot of the appeal. I guess after 10 years of play counterstrike in one form or another I just out grew it. Had more of my friends continued on I might have kept it going a few more years, but most of my clan actually died out or moved to WOW back 5 or more years ago. My kids play still and I drop into GC from time to time when the mood strikes me ;).

The original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game really caught me, I absolutely love it. I think it's truly the best game on the market today and it's a few years old now. There are a few prettier games but none that combine FPS and RPG in a way that can keep my attention for very long. The 2 sequels are ok, but the original is worth playing through many times over.