Vote Kicked by large group of immature players

I don't play the game, so pardon my ignorance....but can this votekick and voteban nonsense be disabled server side somehow? These options have no place on a public server as far as I am concerned.

They can be, but it's useful if there was an AFK guy or a griefer so people can quickly rid such a guy from the team when an admin isn't present. AFKers and griefers are a pretty common occurrence in this game, probably more so than any other one I've played so far.

(4) I don't think it needs to be published that everyone should be showing some respect and maturity. This is not a fundamentalist Christian server, or a children's server, but it is a server for mature adults. If you can't handle being at least indifferent to people you don't like, we don't want you here. People who can't control themselves are not fun for anyone to play with.

I certainly understand and respect that, but then I feel like things need to be more clear on the L4D server. Ever since I've played on this server, it's always been more of an "anything goes" kind of server, and that's what made it great to me, and all my friends. As well, as what probably keeps it populated as well, since we go out of our way to play there, even if it's empty just to repopulate it.

I will make a new MOTD displaying rules and whatnot. Hopefully that will open a different window to others who play here.

(5) Most bans we do are going to be permanent, especially ex post facto bans. That's a practical matter and not some kind of universal judgement. Temporary bans disappear when the server restarts every morning. Obviously, calling people names does not qualify anyone to be banned for life from anything. If we ban someone, they will either care enough to post/PM someone about it or they won't. If they do, and we can reach some kind of agreement like "stop cussing people out" or "don't flash your teammates on purpose any more," the ban will be removed. Otherwise if someone posts about how we're Nazis trying to restrict their freedom to insult people over the Internet all day generally they'll stay banned.

I think what's above should more or less cover what's been posted here so far, and I would ask anyone to re-read #5 to understand why I've basically ignored most of the posts in this thread.

Jared, if you're able to play without calling people names and abandon jism-related names for yourself, you'll be unbanned.

I'm totally cool with that. I just never saw any such list of rules mentioned on that particular server, nor have I ever witnessed anyone following any rules. There are plenty of profane names, sprays, and trash talk in ever single game I've played on this server. I personally love those freedoms, but if that's something that isn't allowed then I'll gladly do my best to keep things to myself and just play. (And if I ever see anything offensive, or any bad words, I'll gladly post here to help clean things up.)

The whole issue with people not upholding rules is the lack of an admin present. I'm the only admin on the L4D2 server and monitoring it 24/7 is a task no one can do. I monitor it from HLSW whenever I'm on my computer, but that's not entirely enough since you're only getting a 5% insight to what's happening there.

I think I'm going to make a separate GC L4D2 10v10 steam group server which will be open anyone who plays on there and wants to join. Mainly to publicize rules, contact admins easier and hopefully make a better mutual feel for everyone who is apart of it.

(5) Most bans we do are going to be permanent, especially ex post facto bans. That's a practical matter and not some kind of universal judgement. Temporary bans disappear when the server restarts every morning. Obviously, calling people names does not qualify anyone to be banned for life from anything. If we ban someone, they will either care enough to post/PM someone about it or they won't. If they do, and we can reach some kind of agreement like "stop cussing people out" or "don't flash your teammates on purpose any more," the ban will be removed. Otherwise if someone posts about how we're Nazis trying to restrict their freedom to insult people over the Internet all day generally they'll stay banned.

I think what's above should more or less cover what's been posted here so far, and I would ask anyone to re-read #5 to understand why I've basically ignored most of the posts in this thread.

Jared, if you're able to play without calling people names and abandon jism-related names for yourself, you'll be unbanned.

I'm totally cool with that. I just never saw any such list of rules mentioned on that particular server, nor have I ever witnessed anyone following any rules. There are plenty of profane names, sprays, and trash talk in ever single game I've played on this server. I personally love those freedoms, but if that's something that isn't allowed then I'll gladly do my best to keep things to myself and just play. (And if I ever see anything offensive, or any bad words, I'll gladly post here to help clean things up.)

The whole issue with people not upholding rules is the lack of an admin present. I'm the only admin on the L4D2 server and monitoring it 24/7 is a task no one can do. I monitor it from HLSW whenever I'm on my computer, but that's not entirely enough since you're only getting a 5% insight to what's happening there.

I think I'm going to make a separate GC L4D2 10v10 steam group server which will be open anyone who plays on there and wants to join. Mainly to publicize rules, contact admins easier and hopefully make a better mutual feel for everyone who is apart of it.

Hey, Jackie Chan... I've never played with you, but from what I hear, you're awesome. Most of the guys I roll with play on this server every single day, and they all speak highly of you. So, with all my posts, I in no way meant to get you in trouble, or anything like that. Like I've said, I like this server, and so do a lot of people I play with, so being that so many regulars I play with frequent this server, this whole situation is a shame.

Edited by JaredfromSUBWAY

I really hope all these rules make the server more popular than it currently is. I'd especially like if they're all strictly enforced, so that nobody ever has to go through these atrocities again. Maybe there's even a way you can mod the server to play the Australian version of L4D too, which would definitely help.

Edited by JaredfromSUBWAY

Hey, Jackie Chan... I've never played with you, but from what I hear, you're awesome. Most of the guys I roll with play on this server every single day, and they all speak highly of you. So, with all my posts, I in no way meant to get you in trouble, or anything like that. Like I've said, I like this server, and so do a lot of people I play with, so being that so many regulars I play with frequent this server, this whole situation is a shame.

No worries, but it's my responsibility. Hope to see you all in the server in the near future.