Alien Swarm

VooDooPC

It's fun and funny with friends. Too short however, but custom levels will take care of that from the community. The gameplay is pretty cool and different, but this might be a game that only holds some peoples attention for a short period of time, as in days or weeks for some. But hey, it was free and is fun for however long i decide to play it :D

Seems to be a problem with server browser and friends list ingame for me.

Friends list shows the wrong number of people playing. I saw Nighthing, Valen, and Jackie playing in a full game (4/4), so I assumed the fourth was someone they knew or a random. Tried joining a second game that had Nightling, Valen, and Jackie and was told it was full by Nightling. Wouldn't be a problem...except the number shown to me was 3/4 players. Warpig and Yomamma start games within 5-10 minutes of each other; Warpig's game info says his is full, and Yomamma's game info says his has 3/4 players except upon trying to join the latter's, it again gives me the "No open slots available."

Server browser opened by console is not so great either. Freezes on my screen when my game fails to connect to a server. Experienced a few disconnects after joining a game, which boots me back to the main menu.

Eh, don't know why I'm getting bad online stuff. I have played multiplayer for about 5 minutes, and that's it; the rest of the time, I've struggled just to connect. I can play offline fine, verified files, exited and restarted Steam, turned off "Discover LAN games automatically," etc.

What I've played is fun, but I hope they patch whatever is wrong with it, or maybe I'll find out what I'm doing wrong. Either way.