Potential Diet

Xterminator

Hey Everyone,

So speaking with some of my friends, they're currently taking part in a no-carb high protein diet. I think they're doing it for a month. Apparently they've had great results with weight loss for it. I was wondering if anyone has tried such a thing as I am considering trying it. I eat a lot of carbs daily so i'm thinking of trying something new.

If someone has tried this, could you give me some do's and don'ts. Also what foods to eat, and to avoid.

thx!

X

i've been doing this for a long time now, managed to cut all unnecessary carbs out of my diet, it was a slow process I didn;t go cold turkey all at once but more of a transition i'd recommend if just starting. Foods to avoid would be anything with an artificial sweetener in it like aspartame and also you may not consider it but avoid milk aswell (not all dairy is bad, cheese is great source of fat and vit K2 and sugar free yogurt is great for probiotics.. again make sure there is no aspartame in it)

Most breakfast options are carbs packed on carbs (giant bowl of sugar labeled health cereal) so i bought a blender and put in a banana, strawberrys, blueberrys, yogurt, protein powder, some all natural peanut butter and some unsweetened almond milk, I found something like that made a great substitute

Interesting, good place to start, thanks Fairweather!

See I want to start by cutting out the stuff I enjoy the most. I eat a lot of breads (pizza, sandwich's) then there's pasta (love it) rice (love it) potatoes (really love it). I think If i can start with removing these items or at the very least, lessen my intake of them it'd be a good start. But when one's grown up on all the above it's very tough!

don't have the bandwidth to back this up with links atm, but I remember reading and hearing that a lot of fruit in the morning isn't great for a low-carb diet.. I'll try to post up some background when I get home from Wichita, yes, Wichita

don't have the bandwidth to back this up with links atm, but I remember reading and hearing that a lot of fruit in the morning isn't great for a low-carb diet.. I'll try to post up some background when I get home from Wichita, yes, Wichita

thanks man i'd love to read it

Interesting, back when i was training at the gym my nutrionist said that fruits are great in the morning. She said to avoid them in the evening because of their acidity. Instead have vegetables in the evening.